You're A Jerk

Colin:

I supress the urge to gape at her.

"OK..." She cleared her throat as she pulled her hand back.

I just realized I didn't shake her hand, what's wrong with me.

She frowned and gave me a close-lipped smile.

She picked up her champagne and threw it back.

Great! I thought. 

What a good first impression I make. (Sarcasm)

"Sooo... are you going to say anything?" She asked.

I cleared my throat but the words couldn't come out.

"What do you want me to say?" I said at last.

I didn't realize how snobby I sounded until she arched her eyebrows.

She chuckled. It sounded like a beautiful musical tune.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

She shook her head and smiled. "Nothing, excuse me, please" She said already walking towards the door.

Music poured in the room due to the door being open, she silently closed it leaving me to my own thoughts.

That's Lucinda! I kept on thinking.

Man! Frank could've given me a heads up.

I hear the door open and turned to see Frank come in.

He was frowning.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He folded his arms. "Why did she just leave?" He asked.

"I don't know" I responded.

"Really?" He asked.

I just shrugged. "You know you could've given me a heads up. You called me and told me about her one day before the meeting. Not even one day 18 hours to be precise.  I didn't even know how she looks like until now." I scolded.

He shook his head. "Look this is for your own good---" he started.

"--- you could've consulted me 1st. I'll be damned if I let you just throw some girl at me as a project. This is my life!" I yelled.

I look back towards Frank only to see that Lucinda had gotten in as well without me hearing her.

She nodded her head. "Hmmhmm, wow. Sorry about that. You don't have to worry about me being a project anymore" She said before going back out. 

Which gave me a moment to admire how her dress hugged her bossom perfectly. She really was a beautiful women, but so is a lot of other girls I've met. For all I know she could've had surgery.

Frank looked at me dissaprovingly. "Great" he said. "Are you going to run after her or not?" He asked.

I looked at him as though he's gone mad. "NO, for what? She decided to leave, so let her leave. It's called Freewill" I told him.

He shook his head before letting himself out.

I picked up the bottle of champage and a glass. I stared at her glass for a moment. I could make out the shape of her perfect lips.

Danm it! get yourself together, I thought.

I put down the glass and drinked from the bottle.

 I decided I wasn't going to leave tonight without a hot babe to warm my bed.