Chapter Eight

I woke up to Hedwig (my snowy white owl) tapping at the window. I got up not bothering to put my slippers on I walked across to the window and let Hedwig in. She let me take the small package off he and she flew straight to a glass of water beside my bed. I teared open the letter it read

Dear Harry,

We are very impressed on you toping your very first charms lesson and it looks like you have made some friends already. We hope that Neville boy is ok. Your mother said it probably wasn't a good idea to go after Malfoy but it sounds to me like you stood up to the git and showed him who's boss and you got a Quidditch team seeker out of it. I'm really proud of you getting into the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team, I was the only other first year to make the Quidditch teams. Practice hard. Your mother has packed some sweets, try not to eat them all at once. I have sent you a late birthday present with the family owl which should be arriving at breakfast.

Hope you enjoy the present,

Love Mum and Dad

I put down the letter next to the box of sweets and dressed myself and went down the spiral staircase with Ron and we meet Hermione at the Ravenclaw table already got her head stuck in a book and taking bites of toast ever now and then. I was just about to grab some toast for myself when an owl swooped down on us carrying a large long package dropping it on the table and helping it self to some cornflakes. Ron And Hermione both helped me open the package which turned out of be a broom. But not just any broom it was a Nimbus 2000.

"Harry, you have got the best broom you can get," exclaimed Ron.

"It came with a note," said Hermione.

"Happy late birthday, love dad," I read out.

"So that's what you were talking about," said Ron. For the ready of the morning Ravenclaws came up to me and asked if they could see my broom and I could see Malfoy looking smug and jealous...