Chapter Six

He had long black greasy hair with pale skin. He wore long black robes that billowed behind him as he walked.

"Your late," he said he a low tone.

"Sorry it's just-," said Hermione but the teacher interrupted her.

"I don't care where you have been, 20 points from Ravenclaw. Each. Now get inside," he said very angrily. Ron Hermione and I hurried inside took out our stuff and took a seat.

"My name is Professor Snape, I am your potions teacher, as you can already tell, I can teach you the simplest of potions, to bottling glory and even putting a stopper on death,"

"Is that really true," I asked Hermione.

"Mr Potter, is there any reason to be talking in my class," asked Snape.

"No sir," I muttered.

"Well then where would I find a beozar?" Asked Snape impatiently. Hermione's hand went up.

"I do t know sir,"

"What's the difference between monkswood and wolfbane," he asked and once again Hermione's hand went up.

"I don't know sir," I said again.

"That will teach you to talk in my class. Ten points from Ravenclaw, now everyone get out your books," said Snape.

* * *

"That was a horrible lesson," exclaimed Ron.

"He can't take that many pints from us, can he?" Asked Hermione.

"Well at least we have flying lessons now," I said walking out onto a fairly flat patch of grass. Up ahead we saw a tall women with short white hair and a whistle that hang from a necklace around her neck. In front of her was about twenty to thirty broomsticks laying in rows on the grass.

"I am madam Hooch I will be teaching you how to fly. Now everyone stand next to a broom and hold out your hand and say Up," she said as I stood next to a broom and Ron and Hermione followed.

"Up!" I shouted at the broom. It shot up into my hand and almost knocked me over. Malfoy sniggered but soon stoped when madam Hooch said

"Great job Mr Potter, your father was a great seeker back in the day,"

A few more 'Ups' from Hermione and her broom was finally in her hand. But Ron was the last in the class to get his room up and he eventually had to grin his off the ground.

"At the sound of my whistle I want you all to mount your brooms kick off the ground and hover for a bit before landing again," said madam Hooch. At the sound off the whistle a small, chubby black haired boy slowly rose into the air before starting to zoom around.

"Neville what are you doing," I heard some other people say.

"Mr Longbottom come back down!" Shouted madam Hooch but before she could say any more he crashed into the room, slid down the roof and landed in a heap on the ground. Everyone rushed over to him. Madam Hooch was first onto the crowd and pulled Neville back out and took him up to the hospital wing.

"Don't any of you leave the ground or you will be expelled as fast as you can say quidditch," said madam Hooch.

"Look what Longbottom dropped," said Malfoy holding a glass ball.

"Give it back Malfoy," I said.

"You'll have to come and get it," he said flying off into the air. I chased ofter him.

"Give it here Malfoy or I'll k ock you off your broom,"

"Go and get it then," said Malloy throwing the glass ball over his shoulder. I shot past him chasing after the ball before it smashed into the wall. I caught it just before it went through the window Professor McGonagoll was looking out of. I quickly land and join the cheering crowd but the cheering crowd stop as soon as we saw Professor McGonagoll walking towards us...