Chapter Four: Christian

I was walking to my car after a youth service at my church, when I saw this girl driving around. She looked confused and lost. I ran across the parking lot and when she was stopped I tapped on her window

"Holy carp dude! "The heck you want?" She rolled down her window. She was so beautiful. I looked daf for a few minutes then I realized she was waiting for my response. 

"Oh! I just saw you driving around aimlessly. I thought you might need some help." I noticed her bulging bag in the passenger seat. "You from out of town?" She yanked her head to her bag then back at me. 

"Uh, yeah I am, and I could use some help. I have no clue where I'm going. I'm supposed to find my uncle's house, and I have no clue where its at." She laughed a little bit. It was a nervous, but cute laugh. Why's she nervous? I thought. 

"Yeah um, what's the address?" She handed me a picture. It was of the youth pastor. "Hey. This is the youth pastor at my church. Right over there." I pointed to the church I had just come from. "He should still be there." She looked towards the church. 

"Uh, thanks. I guess I'll see you around then." She started to reach for the gear lever.

"Oh uh, I never did catch your name." She laughed.

"The name's Harper. Harper Evans." I smiled. She drove off towards the church. I watched her go. I don't know. I walked back to my car and got in. I looked in my rear veiw mirror. She was just sitting there. Not getting out. I want to go out and sit with her. Why do I want to be with her so bad? I ignore my desire and drove out of the parking lot. 

As I drove down the road, I turned on the radio and my favorite song was playing. You're Beautiful by James Blunt. Throughout the whole song, all I could think about was Harper. Why?