ch. 9

MICHAEL

It took forever to find the way out of that cave, it was like a maze, not to mention all the Ambre that were around almost each corner.

After about three hours of running around and hacking away with my sword, I finally got to the exit. It lead to a thick forest. It was getting dark out side, but the Ambres were still trying to find us so I had to continued walking with Alex over my shoulder.

After another hour of walking I found patch of bushes that lead to a clearing underneath. I set down Alex an crawled in, pulling him behind me.

Once settled, I crawled over to Alex.
His hands and feet were still tied. I untied them and then laid down next to him.

He was still unconscious, and most likely on the verge of death. he had a sickly green color to him as the poison continued to infect his body.

I got up and left the shelter in search of ingredients for a makeshift antidote. It took me about half an hour to find all that I needed, in the dark at that, no to mention trying to find my way back in the pitch black night.

I stumbled back into the den and laid all the ingredients on the floor in a small pile. I could not determine which plant was which so I laid down, and Alex wont die by morning, so I dozed off.

***

The sunlight shone through the leaves and onto the ground. It winked in my eyes, waking me up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

I looked around the den and saw Alex on the ground in the far corner. I crawled over to him and to where the bits of plants that I got yesterday.

I sat cross-legged on the ground and fingered through the different plants. I grabbed a leaf that was covered in thorns and popped it into my mouth and started to chew it into mush. "Alex, you owe me big time for saving his ass and having to chew this crap," I said, even though he couldn't hear me.

I took the wad out of my mouth and placed it on Alex's swollen face, directly on the oozing cut, smearing it into the puncture. I go up and left the small enclosure. I found a somewhat large rock and a smaller one that fit in my hand nicely.

I walked back to the bush with the rocks in my hands. I gathered the rest of the plants and mushed them to a pulp between the rocks. Once all the leaves were crushed into basically nothing i scooped it up with my green stained hands and scooted to Alex.

I shifted the mush to one hand and used the now free hand to pry open the unconsious boy's mouth. I pinched the slimmy mush and stuffed it into the kid's mouth, a little bit at a time, until there was nothing left in my hand.

The green glob sat there in the opened mouth for a few minutes, then slowly the amount decreased as it went down his throat. A grin came across my face once I saw that my makeshift potion worked.

I scooted to the base of the bush, rested my back against it and closed my eyes.