Ch. 7

MICHAEL

I ran into the house and found Alex on the floor, face first, by where the front door should be.

I basically fell to the ground when I got close to him. I threw my arms around his body and rolled him over.

His chest was slowly falling and rising. There was a subtle wheeze that could be heard.

I recalled that when I first saw Alex and his "mom" that she had her arms around Alex's stomach and neck.

I pulled up his shirt to check his torso, alone with his face, for any cuts. There was none. I searched his face and neck and I found an almost invisible cut on his cheek that was barely bleeding at all. The cut was just starting to swell. Puss grew underneath the skin and was spreading and seeping out of the puncture on his face.

"Why, Alex, why?! Why did you have to get cut! Damn it!"

I put my arms underneath his body. I heaved the unconscious body off the ground in both arms and started towards the door.

Alex soon became exceedingly heavy in my arms and almost dropped him.

I gritted my teeth and slowly jog to the car.

I reached the passengers side door, however I forgot to open it before I left.

"Oh, COME ON! What the heck!!!"

I gently set Alex on the ground and opened to door.

When I turned around the body was no longer on the ground. I turned around quickly searching for whatever took Alex.

In the distance there was a shadowed figure running away with what looked like a big sack hanging over its shoulder. "What the hell! How did you get over there so fast?! UGH!"

I sprinted after the fast moving figure in the distance with my sword in my hand.

It rounded the corner about a hundred meters away. I sped up, determined not to lose sight of this monster.

I ran by the building. I neared the corner and stuck out my hand to the edge of the house.

I gripped the edge of the house and turned the corner. When I could see what was on the other side I was shocked. The Ambre was still there, just waiting for me. Shit! I tried to dodge, but was too slow. The Ambre balled its clawed hand and ran it forward into my body.

I was flung backwards into the air a couple of feet. I landed on my back, the air knocked out of me.

I choked on nothing while I tried to regain my breath. I finally sucked in a raggedy breath and pushed myself up into a standing position.

When I sat up from the ground the Ambre was standing over me. It brought its fist down on my head. I crumbled to the ground.

I put my arms underneath me. I pushed up on shaky arms.

I felt a large foot on my stomach pushing me back down. The Ambre bent down and wrapped its giant hands around my hair and yanked upward.

A scream escaped my lungs as the hair was being pulled out of my head.

Once again the Ambre brought down its fist and connected it to my skull.

On impact I lost consciousness and fell into unconsciousness.