The Introduction

"Holly! Holly! Holly!"

How is she so hyper at seven in the morning?

It's hard not to notice my best friend jumping and screaming my name down the school hallway.

I smile to myself and close my locker. "Yes, Andrea?" I answer her, who is now panting at my feet.

"We have-" She pauses to take a breath and pushes a strand of her auburn hair behind her ear.

I lean in, anticipating her next words. What do we have?

"We have, new-" She puffs some more.

"Andrea!" I grab her shoulders and shake her. "What do we have that's new?!"

I know she has a slight case of asthma, but sometimes she can really be too much.

She jolts her head up suddenly, and I see her green eyes flash to something behind me.

"...them." She points her index finger to something behind me. I turn around to see what the commotion is.

Holy cow.

At the end of the hallway stand seven gods. Well, at least they look like gods. They walked down the hallway, effortlessly, as if they were models on a runway.

They walked in perfect alignment, not one of them being left behind and seen as the third wheel.

Even though they looked like godly beauties, their outfits said otherwise. Judging by their leather jackets and ripped jeans, they seemed like trouble, and I was not going to go through any trouble this year.

As they approached closer to us, I was able to see their features better. Goodness, if I thought they looked good at a distance they're even better looking now.

Their hair ranged in multiple colors, from red to brown to white to black. It's probably all dyed.

They continued to walk towards us, and as they got closer, my heart suddenly picked up its pace.

What are you doing, heart? Calm down. It's just guys.

Andrea latched onto my arm and shyly hid half of her body behind me. One of the guys on the end caught this gesture and gave her a cheeky grin which she replied with a giggle.

A giggle. I have never heard her giggle until this moment. I can tell that they've already gotten themselves in her brain.

As they passed by I could smell their cologne, minty with something sweet. Not going to lie, it smelled good.

They walked like they knew where they were going, and I was glad. I didn't want any association with them.

Once they were well out of earshot, I turn to Andrea.

"Care to tell me what I just saw?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She swallowed slowly. "They're our new transfer students."

"What? North Dixon High hasn't had a new student in a long time, and now we just randomly get seven of them?"

She nods her head. "I know! It's so weird! You really haven't heard anything about them?"

I shake my head. "Nope. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Do you know who they are?"

Her eyes go big. "Yes! Do you want me to tell you?!"

I nod and we walk down the hallway to our first class, her telling me the details on the way.