[Chapter 33]

[A/N:] Here it is! Sorry for the wait, May and June have been busier that I expected and I had a period of time where I just couldn't write Vengeance, the right words wouldn't come. (Which is a sucky excuse, I know :/ ) Thanks for sticking with me! I really appreciate it! If you're getting restless for an update, please PM me, because it would really motivate me to write! Thanks again for all of your support!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Tony]

    I sat in a grease stained and Dorito crumb dusted desk chair, my elbows resting onto the cluttered surface of a table as I modified my Ironman suit, mumbling calculations to myself. Music blared around me, the comforting presence of rock calming me.

    A blowtorch was in one hand while I melded vibranium to some of the inside components of my suit, the heat of the flame brushing my face. Dummy, my robot assistant, wheeled around wielding a fire extinguisher. It was probably a good call, considering my history of turning simple tasks into complicated processes that usually ended in large explosions.

    "Sir." JARVIS's voice rang from the ceiling. I scowled lightly as the music softened to a distant buzz.Turning off my blowtorch, I sat back in my chair, taking my safety goggles off. 

    "Have Capsicle and Tinkerbell arrived?" I questioned, examining my work.

    "Yes, sir. Captain Rogers and Miss Vermont are at the front doors as we speak."

    "Great." Sighing, I stood and stretched. "JARVIS?"

    "Yes, sir? Is there something you require?"

    "Yeah." I muttered. "Make sure we have plenty of alcohol in stock. I'm gonna need it."

    The doors to my workshop slid shut behind me and I entered the sleek, chrome and glass elevator that brought me up to the ground floor where the main lobby was located. Strolling out of the elevator casually with my hands shoved into my pockets, I arched my eyebrows at the two disheveled people standing in the center of the room.

    Their wind ruffled hair was crisp with frozen water droplets that were slowly melting in the heat of the interior of the Tower. Rogers was dressed casually in jeans and a white t-shirt with his leather jacket on. His glinting, frosted shield was slung over his back. A small duffel bag was in his hand, presumably holding his Captain America suit.

    My eyes travelled over to Quinn and a smirk slowly spread across my face. She was dressed in a large, blue hoodie that swallowed her slim frame along with baggy, gray sweatpants that were rolled up at the top to make them fit her.

    "Did you stop for a quick swim on the way over?" I questioned, alluding to their wet hair. 

    Quinn scowled at me, fingers hovering over her hip where I surmised her daggers were hidden under the hoodie.

    "I guess you could call it that." Rogers sighed, eyes flitting around the room.

    I didn't fail to notice the tension in his body. Admittedly, probably because of me. The Captain and I weren't the best of friends, but we had learned to somewhat get along.

    "Ooh, how scandalous!" I crowed, smirk widening. "Tell me, was it a skinny dip? Did Twinkletoes here raid your closet afterwards, too?"

    "Stark, see that window behind us?" Quinn asked, a sharpness to her otherwise innocently curious voice. "And oh, is that a fountain outside?"

    My eyebrows creased at her simple observations and I replied hesitantly, confused, "Yes, and yes, that is."

    Quinn's silver eyes glared daggers into me, her voice quiet yet more deadly than if she were yelling. "Say anything else and I will throw you through that window, then proceed to drown you in that fountain. And I promise that there will be no evidence left after I'm done. We clear?"