Chapter 16

Riker’s P.O.V.

I finished buttoning up my shirt and grabbed a skinny black tie to go with it.  I glanced at the alarm clock on my dresser and saw that I only had twenty more minutes until Nicole and her friends came over.  I was more excited than I thought I would be for this group date.  I had originally wanted to spend the night only with my girl but having my best friends come along would not be all that bad.  We were going to a little, family-owned Italian restaurant that had the best rolls.  Afterwards we were seeing 22 Jump Street which I have been waiting for a long time to finally come out. 

I turn as my bedroom door opens and Rocky walks in with a white towel wrapped around his waist as he ran his hand through his dripping hair.

“Dude, did you just get out of the shower?!” I ask him. 

“Obviously.  Why?” Rocky questions. 

“Because the girls will be here in fifteen minutes”, I tell him, knowing how he likes to take his time getting ready, especially when it involves a girl. 

“Oh, shit!” he says, quickly scrambling around to try and find something to wear.  I just shake my head and grab my black Converse before leaving my room and walking downstairs to find Ross hanging out in the kitchen. 

“Ready for our date?” I ask him but before he can answer his phone that was resting on the counter vibrates. 

Ross’s P.O.V.

“Yeah, it should be fun”, I answer Riker as I glance down at my phone to see that I had only gotten a notification from my e-mail.  “You are aware that the girls created this group date just to set up Rydel and Mary with the guys, right?” I ask my brother.

“Yeah, of course.  I just played along with Nicole’s plan when she called to say Mary was feeling left out.  Mary could have easily just hung out with Rydel all night”, Riker says.

“I know, but I remember Elizabeth told me once that Mary likes Rocky.  And then when she questioned me about Rocky and Ellington I knew something was up.”

“It’s just better to let them believe they’re being sneaky matchmakers.  At least that’s what I think”, Riker laughs.

“No, I totally agree with you”, I reply just as there is a knock at the front door.  I go to answer it and am greeted by my beautiful girlfriend with her hair hanging in loose curls that grazed her shoulders, wearing a floral dress with a black motorcycle jacket and black ankle boots.

“Hi Ross”, she says as she softly kisses me.

“Hey babe!” I say, making it obvious that I was checking her out.  “You look really hot.”

“Really?” she lightly blushes.  “You don’t think the leather is too much?”

“Not at all.  It’s the perfect mix of sweet and sexy”, I tell her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her towards me, pressing my lips up against hers again.  Just as the kiss is deepening, Elizabeth pulls away with an apologetic look on her face. 

“I’m sorry!  But Rydel texted me to come over and help her with something”, she says.

“That’s okay”, I sigh.  Why is it that every time the kiss starts to get good, something comes along that ends it? I think. 

“But maybe we could continue this later?” Elizabeth asks, a seductive smirk crossing her face, causing all thoughts to leave my mind.

“Later”, I wink at her as she runs up the stairs and disappears into my sister’s room.

Rocky’s P.O.V.   

I finished tying my green Converse before heading downstairs and passing Elizabeth on my way, who, I had to admit, looked really good.  I found my brothers in the kitchen who both turned to look at me when I walked into the room.

“What?” I ask, as I walk over to the fridge and grab a water bottle, chugging half of it down. 

“You ready for your date, man?” Riker asks me. 

 “It’s a group date”, I correct him. 

 “But it still is a date between you and Mary”, Riker says.  “What do you think of her?”

 “Of Mary?  I don’t really know her all that well because we haven’t talked that much but from the little bit I do know about her, I like what I see.  She’s pretty and funny and nice so I’m sure we’ll get along great tonight”, I say, going back to guzzling down the water. 

It has been a long time since I’ve been out on a date, but it is about time I get back out there.  Girls have always been great company, what teenage boy wouldn’t think that?  I just hope that I don’t get hurt by Mary like I did by Alice, I think.  Before my mind can wander and remember anymore the doorbell rings and Riker goes to answer it.  I look up as I see Riker walks back into the kitchen with Nicole following close behind.  I wait until Mary turns the corner and for a second my heart skips a beat as I look at her wearing an amazing blue dress.  Maybe this date will be even better than I anticipated.