MLH : Chapter 11

"It has been rumored that the police have finally identified the body from the accidental fire," a tall woman on the news spoke. She sounded sad but she had wicked sneer on her bright pink lips. 

"I feel sorry for the woman's families, Jacob would you like to reveal the old woman's name?" 

The camera turned to Jacob, the chubby yet handsome man sitting to the left of her. He sneezed into his handkerchief. "Thank you Mia, but I wouldn't say she was old. Although the body has apparently been identified as Lisanna Hotori. She is the heir of Hotori Industries, married to a small time businessman Akira Hotori. There are many rumors that she also has a daughter but she has surprisingly never been exposed to the media. Lisanna was around 30 years old.

Hikaru turned off the tv, glaring at it. Shoutaro bowed, "I apologize for interrupting you Mr.Hotori but Mrs.Hotori needs you in the dining room." Hikaru turned to Shoutaro, tilting his head, "What for?" Shoutaro kept his head down, "She never said why, but I believe it is urgent." 

Hikaru waved his hand, "Please stand up right Shoutaro." 

"Yes Sir." 

Hikaru narrowed his eyes, "What was my daughter planning? She couldn't have let herself die for nothing." 

"I wasn't close to Mrs.Lisanna, I-," before he could finish Hikaru threw a knife at Shoutaro. Shoutaro moved his head to the side quickly but, Hikaru quickly started throwing knives at him. 

Shoutaro dodged each one perfectly. "Stop lying to me Shoutaro before I actually kill you. My daughter is dead, is she not? Whatever oath she made you make means nothing now that she's dead." 

Shoutaro stayed silent. 

Hikaru sighed in annoyance, "I'll be honest with you. I don't care for my daughter, but my granddaughter is who I am worried about. She has become another replicate of Lisanna, she suddenly started changing once she turned 10. I thought, maybe she's just a kid rebelling, this is natural. But it's being going on for so long, this is too much of a coincidence. She only listens to Lisanna. This cannot be natural."

Shoutaro bit his lower lip and then he shrugged. "You're right, this pretty much doesn't involve me anymore." He burst out laughing, raising his hands above his head, "Oh wow, it's been so long. Alright Gramps." He tilted his head to the side, his face going slack. "Instead of telling you, I'll show you."

In the middle of nowhere (Italy)

"oh...my...god,"Hikaru gasped, eyes widening. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Did Lisanna seriously do all this? Reyna fell to her knees, her cane falling beside her. "This can't be my actual granddaughter...no... it can't."

Shoutaro laughed, "And this isn't the best part."

A young girl, looking pale and frail, was floating in a giant tube filled with clear liquid, which connected itself to the ceiling and floor. There was a huge machine sitting next to it, with a variety of buttons and levels. There was also a heart monitor.

It was barley making a sound. 

"She is too die in a few hours. This was her destiny from the start, Lisanna never wanted her to begin with," a hoarse female voice said.

Shoutaro turned to her, "I see you're still here Satomi." Satomi shrugged, drinking a can of beer, "There's nowhere else for me to go." 

In a second she was being pinned against the wall. Hikaru's right hand was pressing her wrist against the wall while the other hand was around her neck. "What have you been doing to my granddaughter, you hag," he angrily whispered. Like he was scared he would wake his granddaughter from her deep sleep from inside the tube.

"I suggest you don't harm her Gramps, she knows how to save her afterall," Shoutaro yawned.

Satomi scowled, "You made me drop my beer, I don't have anymore."

Hikaru loosened his grip on her but didn't let go, "What. have. you. been. doing. to. her," he said through gritted teeth.

She rolled her eyes, "Why should I tell you? I have nothing to gain."

"You'll have a high position in the Hotori Industries, not to mention you'll be able to live a better life than if you had stayed her," Reyna cut in. She had gotten over her shock, a fierce determined look was in her eyes. Hikaru grumbled but agreed to what she said. 

Satomi thought about it,"Alright Gramps, I'll play along. Let me go and I'll explain quickly." She sighed in relief as she was released from his tight hold. 

"My name is Satomi Hiroshi, I was raised in the black market, the Deserted South Pole. I was hired by Lisanna Hotori to experiment on a child. This was a few years back, the child was about 9 or 10 when she first arrived. She was lively yet had a mature aura around her, she endured most of the experiments and "treatment" that I gave her. One day, 2 years ago, I told Lisanna if we continued on increasing the amount of experiments, this child would soon die. Lisanna claimed she was aware of this already but didn't care. I'm not sure if anyone else knew or was helping her, but someone did sabotage the machine while we were in the process of giving Sora here, SNAKE."

"What's SNAKE?" Reyna asked, cutting her off.

"Questions at the end please, but SNAKE was the code name for a deadly virus we were going to put into Sora. It would turn her blood into gold but it would also grant her "abilities". If she survived the process that is. I don't know the exact abilities it would've granted her but it would've made her strong yet deadly. Like a poison. Her life span would've lessened as well, and she possibly could've lost a few of her senses. But, like I said before someone stole SNAKE. We were unable to give it to her. We never caught the person who stole it but, Lisanna seemed to know who did it. After that incident, Lisanna told me to make sure Sora would definitely die in a few years. Today is her death day. Questions?"

Hikaru growled in anger, punching the wall, causing it to crack. "Why? Lisanna, you idiot."

"I'm sorry, I can't answer that question."

"Wait, what about the Sora we know?" Reyna questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh? She's still alive? " Satomi muttered in disataste, "She was a random girl Lisanna found on the streets, she made me teach her how to act like Sora because I spent the most time with her. The girls real name is Hani, she's a bipolar brat. I never did like her, all she cares about is being rich, she enjoys acting all high and mighty."

"I can't believe we've been fooled for this long," Reyna muttered. 

"Well, I can't blame you," Satomi shrugged, "But, we could easily get rid of that fake. What are you going to do about this one? She only has about 3 hours, if she's lucky that is."

Satomi pointed at the floating girl in the tube. Everyone else turned their heads to it, an ominous aura surrounding it.

 Shoutaro stared at the tube, you would think he was indifferent about it but, he didn't want her to die. Not now, now that he had a chance to save the real Sora.  

In front of an Airport in Tokyo, Japan

Sora giggled, tying her long white hair in a pony tail. "I can't wait to go to the ball~," she sang. 

Author Note

x