Long Time No See, Eh?

Luke's POV.

   Watching her walk away was one of the hardest things in my life. But I have learned that if you truly love something, then you will let it go. And that's what I'm doing right now, I'm letting her go.

   Once she is gone, I stand silently for a few minutes. Finally, when I'm out if my dazed state, I make my way back to the car. I don't say a word the entire way back to our house.

***

   It's been a week since Kayla left. I still live her with all my heart, and she is all I think about lately. I can't focus on anything. I've only recently got the cops involved, and I have a plan to get my father caught. It's gonna me risky, but he needs to be put away.

   Tonight I'm supposed to be meeting him a few hours from here. He still doesn't know my address so that is good. He thinks I'm meeting him to give him a new girl to make up for the last one, when in reality it's a trap. He will see me there with no girl, and then the officers should come out soon after that. I just have to keep him distracted for a few minutes until the officers are all set and ready.

   I don't want to be anywhere near him, but I know I have to do this. I need Kayla and others safe. Once the officers arrest him, the money from Kayla's parents that were sent to him, will be taken out of his account and transfered back to Kayla's parents bank account, where it belongs.

   Jessie and Mason aren't coming along, im making them stay at home. They didn't complain, because they wanted to watch some movie. Around 6pm I leave and start my long drive.

   I arrive around 8pm, and meet my father. I get out if the car, and shove my hands in my pockets  I can't help but feel nervous. I walk up to him, and he strides over to me, a wicked smile on his ugly face.

   "Ahhh, his my least favorite son doing? Oh wait, I don't care. Where's the girl?" it stung, even though I knew it shouldn't have. But I'm his only son, so....

   I bite my lip. "Well, actually, dad...she decided not to come..."

   "What the f*ck are you talking about?" his smile is gone. His face plasters the definition of unhappy. I clear my thin road, and avoid his eyes.

   "Well, um..." I hate how I feel around him, how I lose all my confidence. I just feel trapped and small. I run my hand threw my hair. "I don't think I want to deal with your dirty business anymore."

   He slits his eyes at me. "You think you have a choice?" he says in a low, dangerous voice. I swallow my pride, then take a step back.

   Suddenly he jumps at me, and soon I'm in the ground, and he's on top of me. He starts beating the sh*t out if me. I lay limply, not bothering to fight back. Memories flash through my eyes, and I feel helpless. My vision starts to dance with black dots, and I welcome the darkness.

   Just as I close my eyes, I hear sirens in the background. Finally, about time. I hear feet running, and the sound of someone being tackled. The punches had stopped, and I know the officers had him. Someone moving me onto something, and that's all I remember before either backed out.

***

   Beep. Beep. Beep.

   I listen to the heart monitor that's in my hospital room. Yay, I'm alive. I think, not so enthusiastically. My whole body aches, and I could really use a hot bath right about now.

   A police officer walks in, saying that my father was arrested and a court date was held a week from now. He said everything went as planned and that they got the money back to Kayla's family. I didn't really listen to what he had to say, I just felt empty.

   He eventually left, and was replaced by a doctor. She ran a few tests, and told me I would be out in two days, and nothing was broken, just bruised. I sighed. I just missed Kayla. I felt so empty. Life sucks.

   "sir?" a doctor walks in.

   "What?" I say, not bothering to be polite. I could care less.

   "You have a visitor," she says, and I raise an eyebrow at her  a visitor? For me? Pffffft.

   "Yeah? Send em in."

   She smiles and leaves, going to fetch my mysterious visitor. Who would want to visit me? I doubt Jessie and Mason would drive down here, u specifically told them not to, and if they did...I swear I'd kill them. There is no point in then wasting gas to come and see me.

   Just as I was starting to get worked up, my door opens. In walks the person personally expected.

   "Hey," Kayla says, flashing one of her gorgeous smiles at me. "Long time no see, eh?"