Green Eyes

I walk to the bus stop and wait in the cold for it to come. Dang it. I wish I grabbed a bigger jacket. I end up waiting for ten minutes. It's supposed to be here by now. My mom is gonna be mad.

   I decide that it's best if I just walk home, although that would mean I would have to walk through that bad part of town. But by the looks of it, the bus wasn't coming and I was cold anyways, so a walk would warm me up.

   I start walking, and it gets dark quickly, and with darkness comes coldness. I start shivering. There's no one on the streets but me...so creepy. There has been like clown sightings happening pretty often, and mom always warns me never to walk alone in the dark. Shut up Kayla, nothing's gonna happen. Your just scaring yourself. It's only ten more minutes until you get home.

   Suddenly I get the feeling that I am not alone. I stop for a second, and listen out into the darkness. Nothing. But then, something. Footsteps?

   I turn around quickly, but I see nothing. I start walking faster. Faster Kayla, your almost to your street. Five more minutes.

    I've almost made it through the bad part of town. Almost. Suddenly I hear voices... I jump into an alley. But the a man comes running, and the other one after him. The second one yells, "Where's my money?Huh?"

   "I'm sorry! I'll get it to you next week I swear!" The first guy says.

   They stop near me and the second
guy starts beating the first one.

  "Too late."

   I watch as the second guy takes out a knife...then stabs the guy repeatedly. I look at his blood everywhere. Dead. He's dead. I just watched a guy get killed...

   The murderer looks up and sees me. I'm frozen though, not believing what my eyes are seeing. The man walks towards me. When he is within a few feet of me, that's when my legs start to work. I turn and run, but he catches me by the arm, shoving me against the brick wall.

   "What did you see?" He whispers.

    "N-nothing," I answer shakily.
He puts his hand next to my head, leaning it against the brick wall next to me.

   "Liar," he simply says. "Freaking liar!"

    I try to run again, but he grabs me tightly by the arm.

    "Y-your hurting me!" I start to kick him and try and hurt him. I'm trying so hard to get away.

   He pins me against the wall again, this time holding both arms against it.
I look up into his bright green eyes. They are a stunning contrast to the dark night sky. It's like they are taking all the light from the stars and absorbing them. Kayla! What are you thinking!?! This guy is a murderer!!!

   "Quiet. This will be easier for you, sweetie, if you don't fight me. Understand, darling?"

   I nod my head slowly, then I lash out. He doesn't see it coming so I get my arm free. I punch him in the jaw and he stumbles back. I run once again. But, again he grabs me, twisting my arm. I feel it starting to bruise.

   "I guess you would rather do this the hard way eh?"

   He puts a hand over my mouth and his other hand holding my nose. I struggle to breathe. I see spots in my vision. Soon all I see are those stunning green eyes, as everything else turns to darkness, and soon, those fade away too. I'm in a deep darkness, not knowing if I'll ever wake up from it. Is this what death feels like?

___________________________

   Thank you so much for reading! Leave any comment or recommendations for my story! I include whatever you would like. I update daily, at least one chapter a day. If you notice any spelling errors, please tell me! I would love to make my story the best for the best! Please vote my story if you enjoyed it, that would really mean a lot!