Chapter 5

THE NEW GUY AND MY BIRTHDAY

It had been six months since my Luke and dads death and things were relatively normal. In almost two weeks was, my birthday and a week ago my mom’s institute sent her to London. She seemed relatively excited and she had promised that she would be there on the day of my birthday. I was really excited, and Jayden had really built up the suspense to his gift for me. I mean every day since he told me about the gift I couldn’t help but wonder what he got me. He told me that he would give it to me exactly at 12 in the morning in the day of my birthday.

The two weeks flew by and I was getting more and more anxious. I had spoken to my mom two days back and she said she had something to tell me and give me and amazing present. The ‘thing’ she had to tell me didn’t sound like it was something I would like.

Today was the day before my birthday. It was 6 in the evening and Jayden was picking me up in 20mins and since I was never a girly girl I had just started dressing up. Yeah, I know that isn’t too much time but he said dress casual so I went with my black skinny jeans, camouflage combat boots, my hipster glasses and a razorback top from Nike, that glowed in the dark. I threw on my leather jacket and decided to actually wear a little makeup, do I put on some kohl to define my eyes and some gloss. Just as I was contemplating on what else to put the doorbell rang. I gave up shoved my phone and keys into my jacket pocket and opened the door to a bouquet of pink and white roses; there was also a very sexy looking Jayden who was wearing black jeans a white v-neck shirt and his leather jacket and converse.

“Happy birthday Charlie!!” he said handing me the flowers.

“Why thank you good sir, we look like a couple of bad asses you know.” I said commenting on our similar attire. “So do I get my present now?” I asked hopefully.

He laughed and shook his head “Patience young one, all good things come to those who wait”.

“Whatever”

“Whatever”.

With that we headed out.

Jayden bought his car and we began driving. He refused to tell me where we were going but was definitely convinced that I would love it. We drove for about an hour and had also passed city limits. He was playing all my favorite songs which mostly consisted of One Direction and Avril Lavigne. Surprisingly he also knew most of the words and we sang along till our throats hurt.

All I can see in front of me is black-ish purple. We had parked at someplace and Jayden had placed a hair band on my eyes so as to prevent me from seeing anything. Next thing I know I was being guided out of the car and I could feel the strength of the wind, it was pretty high so I expected that it was high area.

“Ready?” Jayden whispered in my ear.

I nodded not trusting my voice. The close proximity of our bodies was definitely not good for me.  I mean, c’mon, anyone with a vagina who would stand this close to Jayden would be unable to speak. Slowly I felt the band slipping off. In a second my jaw hit the floor, it was beautiful…….i was right about the high part. We were on top of a cliff that over looked the city and all you could see was the lights and shapes of buildings. Jayden definitely knew how to make someone feel special.

I was so caught up staring at the sight before me that I hadn’t realized that Jayden was behind me doing something, when I heard a click I looked down and saw a chain that reached mid-way of my chest and on the end was a locket. I gently picked it up, it was a silver circular locket that had a solid base and an intricate design that covered what was inside, I clicked on the knob on top and it sprang open. On the base was a picture of me and Jayden. The picture showed me practically taking a piggy back ride on him and smiling down at him while he was looking up at me through his peripherals and smiling as well. The picture was really cute, and amazing. I could almost remember the day the picture was taken.