The Belle of the Ball

In just a week, the castle was transformed from dark and haunting, to majestic and  magical! The dancing hall, which hasn't been used (or even cleaned) in who knows how long was shined and waxed till it sparkled. The fountains and statues that littered the garden were refurbished. And the rest of the mansion has been spruced up too.

My dress was finally done, but I haven't seen it yet, and today was the first time I even put it on. Still, Odette forced me to wear a blindfold while they sorted out some last minute measurements, so the surprise wouldn't be ruined. Mrs. Pots agreed.

"Okay, were doing make up now, so we have to take your blindfold off. Be a good sport and don't look down at yourself or anything."

"Sure". I mumbled, and just like that she took the mask off. I blinked a few times to adjust my vision to the light, just as a slew of girls began attacking my face all sorts of face paint.

Finally, they were done, everyone's smiles were wide as they assured me I looked like a vision from heaven.

"Close your eyes!" Odette beaconed. I did as I was told. "Now. Are you ready to see yourself?" She asked, I felt her guiding me by my shoulders over to what I assumed was my mirror.

"As I'll ever be." All the servants erupted in hushed giggles. My excitement was steady rising.

I opened my eyes, and My heart skipped a beat.

I looked gorgeous! I haven't realized how long my hair has grown

I looked gorgeous! I haven't realized how long my hair has grown. I fluffed my loose brown curls over my shoulders. On my head was a beautiful head piece that resembles a shimmery netting. It matched my necklace perfectly. And my makeup had all the golden accents of my dress pulled into a shimmering powder that was lightly dust over the places that my skin caught the light. My eyelids and crease were lined with a golden glitter which outlined my shimmering eyeshadow. My eyelashes were dark and heavy, a stark contrast to my otherwise glowing appearance.

"Oh my-" I looked like a dream! I  have always been dressed in nothing but tattered rags and mud. I could never afford such beautiful make up, and certainly not a dress as lovely as this. I looked like a queen tonight. I felt like a queen.