The Only Way

"Screwball, are you ready?" Heart Shield asked.

"I think so. I got the alphabet stuck in my brain, so,  I believe I can do it." Screwball answers.

Screwball concentrates for the first time in her life,  pressured by the sweat of the Fillies and Colts. Screwy closes her eyes,  then opens them.

"I understand it. I understand it! I under... Oh, boy."

"What's wrong,  Screwy,  dear?" Diamond asks.

"Uh...'To bring what you love back to the world you must do these tasks: 1. Make the sun set in the East instead of west, and raise the moon at that same time,' which I can easily do for I have chaos magic,  but anyways, '2. Find the knife of pain. Use that knife and stab a bit of a hoof contaning alicorn blood,  making a drop of blood come out. Don't do anything then. Leave it. 3. Use the Twilight Dark Spells. Have everypony except one with a horn cast one of the three spells and combine it together,  forming an orb. The last pony with a horn that is NOT casting the spell must start the Death Spell and cast it on a creature willing to die. If the spell is set right, the pony willing to die will also come back. If done wrong,  then the pony who died from the Death Scroll will come back to life,  but the pony willing to die would not.' That's all." Screwball read out loud.

A breeze of silence flew in the room. A pony not only had to cut themself but a pony also has to DIE for a bit.

"It's... It's the only way to save her?" Harpy asked.

"Yes. It is." Heart Shield replied. "None of the alicorns or unicorns can die. This is going to be hard."

"It said creature. Maybe we can find an egg or a animal willing to die?" Flurry Heart said.

"I can die." Mothball suggested.

"Don't even dare." Screwball commanded.

"You know what? Let all the unicorns learn the spells needed. Everypony else can rest,  or think of something for now. Screwball,  you helped us so much. Thanks!" Heart Shield thanked.

"Hey,  what are friends for?" Nervously said Screwball. Everypony was scared. They had families,  and most of the Unicorns weren't advance with magic. Besides Smart Cookie, they only had Alicorns who can actually do these spells.

Heart Shield was now more worried than she was. Everypony with a horn had to cast one of the three Twilight Dark Spells,  and one other pony had to cast the Death spell, one of the biggest sins in Magic. Heart Shield,  though,  tried to be strong and took charge.

"Flurry Heart,  teach all the unicorns the First Twilight Dark Spell,  the Dark Star. Flurry,  you'll do the Dusk, you know,  the third one,  and Phoenix and Smart Cookie, you guys do the Cresent."

"Second one." Smart Cookie noticed. "That is the one I learned,  so I can do it."

"Same," Harmonized Phoenix Light.

"Sis, which one will you do?"

"I'll do the Death Spell." Reported Heart Shield to her older sister. "I cannot have anypony here have the pain of killing someone. I already saw a pony dying,  right in front of my eyes. I also want to be the one who cuts her hoof. We just have to find the knife."

"It's like no pony even remeber's I'm here." Screwball admitted.

"Ok,  Screwball, find that Knife. We are doing this. Earth Ponies and Pegasi, find a creature,  while staying hidden,  who would risk dying. We need to do this by tomorrow! It'd the only way!"

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is so short, but the events happening after this deserve to be in the next one. Oh... I have ideas for that one. Comment down below who you think is going to risk dying!

Anyways, the next Chapter might be short as well, but whatever, all that matters that the story is going on. Thank you for reading,  and follow me at Faunamusic!