Confession

Lightning sat in the home of Francesco. The rivals had become somewhat friends. Francesco wanted to invite Lightning over and cook something for him. "You are going to like this McQueen, Francesco is a great cook."
"Will I don't really cook to be honest, but thanks I miss seeing you." He said they were sitting down and Lightning was looking over the scenic view of the small Italian village. He let his hand brush through his hair. It was surprisingly peaceful he felt at home. The other racer busied himself with with preparation of the meal. A plate of bruschetta was set in front of him. He picked up a piece it was good. "You can cook better than be but not race." Francesco rolled his eyes. "There is more and Francesco is always better than you."
The rest of the food was but down. They were dishes simply  seasoned with olive oil and salt. He liked the flavor of the dishes. They sat quietly eating. "So why did you invite? I mean we don't seem that close?"
"Francesco thought we were, we always talking you are really Francesco's only competitor."
"I guess I do like hanging out with you." He looked at wine in his hand, it tasted good.
"Yes see, we are friends and you are very handsome McQueen." He looked into his face observing the features.
"You are too,Francesco."  Francesco leaned and very softly kissed him tasting the sweet wine. Lightning didn't pull back. He returned the short kiss and smiled up at Francesco.
"McQueen, Francesco always liked you from the first time I saw you."
"I like you too." He said softly and kissed again .