Nap time

"Mr. McQueen it's time for your nap." Cruz chided.
"I don't need a nap."
"If you don't you get cranky."
"What that is not true. I am fine." She gave him a look like she didn't believe him. Until he had an idea, a brilliant one.
"Hey, Cruz you seem a bit cranky yourself."
"Me? No, I am fine." Lightning shrugged his tires.
"To me you look tired. You could really do with one is all I'm saying."
"Will, maybe I mean..." where was he going was this she wondered.
"Alright, Cruz I will take a nap."
"Good!"
"But."
"But, what?" Cruz said.
"You have to take it with me." He smirked.
"Fine, as long you get your rest." She smiled.
He thought that would get him out of it. He sighed deeply and they went to the mat to lay down. Lightning tried to shut his eyes as Cruz laid a few feet away. Their engines hummed softly. He couldn't sleep and Cruz kept moving around. Lightning reached out and grabbed Cruz keeping her still. "Stop moving I need my rest." She ceased moving and fell asleep hearing his engines purr lightly. Lightning opened his eyes. He looked out the window it was dark? He checked the time it was seven pm. They had slept for four hours.
"Cruz! We were asleep for four hours! Wake up!" He shook her.
She looked at him sleep in her eyes. She yawned. "What's wrong?"
"It's seven."
"Oh, no we slept the whole day. I am so sorry I didn't hear the alarm."
"It's fine Cruz we both needed the rest anyway." He smiled.