Chapter 11

John's POV

"Come on John, stop giving that look. She's fifteen years old and is doing a great job for the case," Sherlock said to me.

It didn't matter what she was doing, I still felt very overprotective of her. She was mine now.

"I know that, but she is my little girl now. You don't understand Sherlock." I responded.

The rest if the night was a blur to me. He slapped her. We ran to her. He took off. The three of us took off. We ran around the entire mansion like crazy people, Charlotte was too fast for us and was getting farther and farther ahead. He ran out the front door and Charlotte went after him. Sherlock and I stopped to catch our breath.

That's when I heard her scream. My eyes widened and tears formed at the corners.

"Charlotte!" was all I managed to get out, but I yelled it at the top of my lungs. We ran out to her, but I almost passed out at the sight. Her blood stained everything. Her cheeks weren't rosy like they usually are. It looked like all of the life had drained out of her.

I ran down and half picked her up off the stairs and hugged her.

I lied her down flat on the sidewalk and yelled for someone to call an ambulance. A crowd had gathered outside, so it wasn't difficult to find someone with a phone.

Sherlock knelt down next to her, with a look of heart break on his face. He applied pressure to one stab wound while I applied pressure to the other.

I have never had such a fright in all of my life. Nothing in Afghanistan compared to the horror of this moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~