A Sherlock Fan Fic (based on BBC Sherlock)

(I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR CHARLIE WATSON)

As I sat in the back of the taxi, fresh tears threatening to spill over my eyes, I could see that we were approaching a familiar place. Baker Street.

My uncle lived there, with his bestfriend. A consulting detective by the name of Sherlock Holmes.

My Uncle John loved my mom. He was always looking out for her-and me. He thinks that I am exactly like her. Long, light brown hair with natural blonde and red highlights, hazel, almond shaped eyes, and plump, red lips. I am also 15.

When we arrived, I grabbed my backpack off of the seat, payed the cabbie, and walked towards the front door of the flat 221B. I knocked on it softly, and within minutes, was greeted by an elderly woman with a friendly smile.

"Hello dear," she said to me, "I am Mrs. Hudson. "Are you here to meet with Sherlock about a murder?"

"No, actually." I replied, tears about to pour out of my eyes. "I need to speak with Dr. Watson. Family emergency."

"Oh, I see" Mrs. Hudson said, very comfortingly. "well, the two of them are just upstairs. I will take you to them."

Mrs. Hudson put her arm around my shoulders, and guided me up the stairs to their flat.

"John!" she exclaimed when she got to the top of the stairs.

"Yes Mrs. Hudson?" he replied, not taking his eyes off of his paper. His back was to us.

"You have a visitor. She says it's a family emergency."

Uncle John jerked up and turned around to face me.

"Charlie?" he asked. He stood up and walked over to me, pulling me into his tight embrace once he realized that I was crying. He began to stroke my hair, like he did when I was little, although I was taller than him, standing at 5'9.

"Darling, is everything alright? Where's your mum?"

I looked up at him with blurred vision. I shook my head.

"It's alright, I'm here." he hugged me again, then pulled me over to the couch, that was up against a wall full with bullet holes. I sat down, and he sat down next to me, holding my hands in his.

"Now, tell me everything that's happened."

"Well, mum was in the car, on her way home from work about 3 days ago. She was in a head on collision! The driver of the other car was drunk, and he merely walked away from the accident. But... mum is in the ICU at St Bart's. She is in a coma. They don't know when or if she will wake up. Uncle John... I'm scared."

John was trying to absorb this news. His heart seemed to be breaking, and it reflected in his eyes. He hugged me once again.

"What about you're dad? Does he know about this?"

"No. I haven't seen or heard from him in three years. That's why I came here. I don't have anywhere else to go Uncle."

"Well, then, you can stay here, with us." John said. "I swore to your mum that I wouldn't let anything happen to you, and if a situation like this arose, then I would take care of you, as you're legal guardian."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Oh Uncle John, thank you! You are the best!" I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"But, John, what will we tell Sherlock?" Mrs. Hudson chimed in, who was still standing at the door.

Just then, we heard the front door slam downstairs.

"John! I've figured it out! The killer was the man's stepson, who apparently was very over protective of his mother. Lestrade was about to make the arres- John... Who is that?"

"This, Sherlock, is my niece. Charlie. She will be staying with us."

"Why?"

"Because my sister is in the hospital."

"Yes, but why do WE have to 'care' for her?"

"Because Sherlock, I made my sister a promise! That if something like this was to happen to her, that I would take care of Charlie. As if she were my own daughter. And YOU don't have to care for her, I have to."

Sherlock looked me over, thoroughly. "You were bullied as a child. Massive singing voice. Great acting ability. Lead in the school's production of Fiddler on the roof... as Hodel. Your father abandoned you at a very young age, making you desperate for a father figure, so you settled for John. You find yourself spending much of your time alone... probably reading. One of those 'nerdy' 'fangirl' things. Animal lover, but never any pets. She is a loner, but quite witty, and clever. Alright, she can stay, but, she will need to help us."

"Help you? with what?"

"Why our next case of course!" Sherlock said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. With that, John and I were lead out of the apartment, and to the crime scene of our case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty, chapter 1! I just had this idea so I just had to write it down! Enjoy!

-MrsThorinOakenshield