Chapter 16

Sherlocks POV

Well, after 3 weeks, Charlie is finally home. Im not one to express my emotions, but I must say, I am so thankful that she is home, with us, safe and sound.

It's been a stressful month, but we've managed to get through it together. I'd like to say that we have become our own little family. Me, John, Charlie, and Mrs. Hudson. Even Mycroft has begun to enjoy her presence in our lives.

Charlie's doing much better right now. She is in the middle of her recovery so she's been in some pain, and can't move off the couch without my or John's help, and Mrs. Hudson keeps bringing her tea, so much that I'm surprised that the kid hasn't turned into a puddle by now. But still she is making progress. Today she walked to the fridge by herself to get a cold drink, so that she can stray away from all of the hot tea. John nearly had a heart attack when she did, scolding her that she needed rest. It was quite amusing, and helped ease my boredom for a little bit.

I have been getting text messages from Moriarity the past few days. He's beginning to toy with my mind, and he has been telling me about how he had been watching Charlie, he texted her, he planned the ball, the attack blah blah blah...

It's so... distracting, yet concerning all at the same time. Could I really be putting my family in danger by becoming distracted by this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~