Chapter 3

When we arrived at the flat, John showed me to my room. It was small, and bare, but I couldn't care less. I took the photo of me me, my mother, and my uncle that was taken a few years ago at Christmas. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a roll of tape, before returning to my room. I taped the photo over my bed. Gosh. I didn't realize until now that I missed her. I mean, really, really, REALLY missed her. I just prayed for the day that she would return home to me, and I quickly fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up at 9:00. It was a break from school, so it was nice to sleep in a little. I saw my uncle sitting in an armchair, reading the paper while Mrs. Hudson was making eggs in the kitchen.

"Good morning," I said. John turned around.

"Morning love," he responded. I walked over and sat at the arm of the chair, reading over his shoulder, while resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Would you like some eggs dear?" Mrs. Hudson said with a cheery tone.

"Yes please, Mrs. H," I responded. I went over and sat at the table and ate my breakfast.

"Where's Sherlock?" I asked looking around, not knowing how I could have missed his absence.

"Not up yet," John said.

"Why are you people up, and talking so loudly at this ungodly hour?!" Never mind.

"Good morning to you too," John and I said at the same time.

"John, I got a call from Lestrade this morning. He needs us to go undercover to a formal party, in about a week from today. And Charlie, you need to come with us."

"Me?"

"No the other Charlie Watson... of course you!" Sherlock said, rather rudely.

"Okay... fine. One question though," I paused, "why me?"

"Because you're what Lestrade finds pretty. Your young, clever... we are trying to find a murderer. He is unknown, but a security camera caught his face. We need you to seduce him, so The police can catch him."

"Alright. I'll do it. But, if we are going to a formal party, I need a dress," I said, crossing my arms, "and all of mums and mine are back home."

"Take Mrs. Hudson with you to go shopping. I'll give you some money," John said, taking out his wallet and putting money into my hand. "Just, be weary of the price."

"Got it. Thanks John!" I said giving him a hug. Mrs. Hudson was already waiting for me at the door. So, I grabbed my jacket, hailed a taxi, and we headed off into town.

We came across a little dress shop in a tucked away plaza in eastern London. the place was beautiful and had a huge assortment of formal wear.

I tried on a few dresses, but none of them really suited me. Then, Mrs. H pulled out something spectacular.

It was perfect. when I appeared from the dressing room wearing it, Mrs H looked floored.

"Oh, you look stunning dear!" she exclaimed walking up next to me. "And it fits you perfectly!"

"I'll take it!" I said.

It was surprisingly very cheap because it was on clearance. This couldn't be more perfect.

After I payed, I hailed a taxi, and we proceeded to head home.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Text message.

Lovely dress, where are you going? A party? I'm sure you'll be the most stunning one of all.

That was weird. And from an unknown number. Were we being followed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun! Dun! DUUUUN!

-MrsThoronOakenshield