Chapter 20 - Watching A Volcano Explode

Chapter 20 - Watching a Volcano Explode

Roman was worried.

Before, when he'd been ribbing Marissa about that dream last night, he'd loved seeing her reaction as she remembered everything. She'd been almost as responsive to his comments as she was last night. Just after he'd left her blushing, Randy had come to the door and shouted his greeting to her and she'd been fine then too.

It had been only about a minute but now, Marissa was terribly silent. There were no sounds, no movement coming out from the bedroom. He knew, from the short time he'd known her and from what Randy had told him, that her being absolutely silent was something that usually meant trouble.

He looked up from the report in his hands and looked to Randy who sat on the other sofa. The man just stared up at the ceiling with a slight smile on his face. "What did you-"

Suddenly the bathroom door slammed open and he jumped up to see what was going on. The bedroom door opened up and a very angry Marissa charged out the door heading straight for Randy. Roman grabbed her around the waist, trying to hold her back whilst Randy jumped up and away from where he was, with a smirk on his face.

"Let me go and let me get my hands around his neck!" she shouted as she struggled in his arms, trying to get out of his grasp.

Roman tightened his arms around her, just in case. "What's wrong?"

She stopped struggling but he could tell that she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump at Randy. "Ask him what idiotic thing he did!"

Roman looked up at him and raised his brow in questions.

Randy sighed, "I got her clothes to wear."

"From who? Malibu Barbie? What person gave you a pink skirt that would only count as underwear." She tried to struggle again but Roman just tightened his arms,

Roman let out a sigh, "The closest person to your size is probably Kristie and she's still in her late teens."

Marissa stopped struggling slightly. "Doesn't she own normal clothing?"

"Um, she's a teen Mer. You know parties, guys...that sort of thing." Randy laughed.

She stood absolutely still. Glaring at him, her voice came out low, "You asked her specifically for these didn't you?" Randy's smile widening made her double her efforts to get out of Roman's grip.

Randy looked up at Roman, "I'm out." He jogged out of the room and Roman was left with a struggling Marissa in his arms. He debated whether to let her go after Randy, after all he did set her up. And for making his mate this mad, Randy did deserve to get his balls handed to him on a stick.

On the other hand, Randy did do him a sort-of favour. He would never have been able to get her into something like that in a million years. If she wore it...he didn't know how he'd react. "Marissa, calm down," he said into her ear.

His words seemed to get through her anger and she stopped struggling but he didn't let her go. Not because she might be tricking him again, but because he realized that they fit. His head was level with her neck as he held her tightly against his body. His arms wrapped around her, his hands sitting on her hips. She was perfect against him. The second he flexed his arms, reminding her that she was caged in his arms, he heard her sharp intake despite its near-silence.

"There is nothing you can do now unless you want to go downstairs in my clothes-"

"Then I go down like I am," she interrupted angrily.

"-with the chance that shorts may fall. They aren't exactly your size, despite how well you've tried to make them fit." He laughed against her ear, making sure that his words fell against her neck. The goosebumps along her neck told him that his words were having his desired effect on her body and he was happy.

She wants us, purred his panther, happy with the knowledge of how Marissa was reacting to him.

But when she pushed herself out of his arms, he knew that whilst her body and her senses had been reacting to him, her mind had been in another place thinking of what she was going to do. She turned around and faced him as he stood up to his full height and crossed his arms over his chest. Whatever she was about to do, he did not want to be in a clear fighting stance and give her reason to fight him.

"I'm not going down," she said to him, moving her hands in a swiping motion. When she looked down to see the pink clothing she still held in her hands, she curled her lip and tossed them against the sofa.

"We have to; it's breakfast," he told her calmly.

This is not going to be a sane fight, he thought.

"Then you can just go and I'll stay here. That way nobody gets embarrassed and you get to eat your fill without having to worry about me." She folded her arms over her chest

He let out an aggrieved sigh, not sure if he was just upset that she was fighting against him or not putting on the deliciously short miniskirt that would probably give him an eyeful. "You need to stay in my line of sight, which means you have to come downstairs. Whether you come downstairs on your own two legs or I carry you is completely up to you."

She stared right at him, giving him a glare that he knew, if glares could, he would have been pulverised into a pile of ashes. But there was no point. He glared right back at her, showing her that there was no budging on this matter. They were like that for a few heartbeats before she rolled her eyes, picked the clothes off the sofa and walked into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Roman smiled, proud that he'd won that round. When she came out a few moments later in her jeans from last night and the pink tank top, he still considered it a win.

"Happy now?" she asked him sarcastically.

"Ecstatic," he said back at her blank faced. Her cheeks were blazing red from her anger as he spun away from her, not letting her see the smirk forming on his face. He opened the door, wiping all expression on his face when he turned back to her, "After you."

She came up to the door and looked up at him. "You have no clue who you're messing with," she growled at him.

He lips lifted at the corners, despite his resolve not to show his any emotion, "Bring it."

She smiled at him as she walked out of the door. But Roman had seen the evil glint in her eyes.

Uh oh, he and his panther both thought simultaneously as they followed after her.