Idea #3: Old Friends, New Enemies

Main Characters: *Cato, Katniss, Peeta, */Glimmer, and *Maggie

* Means the Main love intrest in the story

*/ Once was part of the love, or a love triangle, or dies. Could be any.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         *** Possible Prologue/Preface for a new story/short story.***

"Maggie Sierra Payne!" 

My name rung through the air, repeating in my head. Over and over and over and over again. I stood frozen for a moment, betting my chances on running. I'd probably die before I took one step. So, I put on an arrogant smile and walked proudly up the stage. 

"Ah, well dear, are you Maggie?" She asked stupidly.

"No," I huffed. "I'm the bunny rabbit."

She looked taken back by my smart@ss remark and her jaw dropped. I smirked, accomplished in something. I hadn't heard the roaring laughter of the crowd when I said that, as I looked into the audience some faces were shocked, others were laughing their @sses off. 

"Well," The lady scoffed, putting a hand over her fabric covered heart. "I've never..."

"What? Been talked to that way?" I asked snarkily, putting my hands on my hips.

"Hump!" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and stomping over to the other side of the stage.

The crowd erupted in laughter again as she pouted, reaching into a bowl and pulling out a name. Everyone went quiet as she stalked over to the mic. She huffed again before peeling the letter open. The expression on her face represented mine at every family dinner, bored and annoyed. 

"Cato Davis," She muttered. 

The crowd parted in no time and up jogged a large, fit and gorgeous boy... he also looked somewhat familiar to me. I cocked my head to the side as he stood on the stage next to me, beaming at the audience cockily. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him look at me, his smile slowly fading, and turning into a look of confusion and shock. 

"Alright, shake hands," The lady grumbled.

I turned to him unwillingly and stuck my hand out. When his hand came in contact with mine he gripped it tightly and tugged me towards him quickly. I stumbled slightly as I was jerked. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed away but he grabbed it, stopping me. 

He slowly bent his head and put his lips right next to my ear. His breath was hot against my skin and it took all I had not to shiver and pull him up so I could kiss him to death. Somehow I found myself wanting to do that, don't know why, but I did. 

"Well, well, well," He whispered so only I could hear, but the cameras were still recording us. "Welcome to the games, Mags." 

Oh my god! Cato!!