Idea #1: Spare Me, Please

Main Characters: *Cato, Clove, Peeta, Katniss, and *Jenna.

* Means they are the MAIN love interests in the story, there will be - or might be, considering on votes and comments - one or two more pair(s) of star-crossed lovers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Potential Prologue to a new story. ***

I stood on the metal plate looking around at this years arena, which I just so happened to be in. As the time wound down I examined my opponents carefully. Their were only a few that actually scared me. One, there was this short girl with long black hair. She had a game face like no one else in these games did. A thing that also made me freak when looking at this girl was, her view was directed on the pack of knifes in an inner ring of the many circles made with equipment. I'd seen her and she never, ever misses, from what I've seen. Two, it would have to be the tall, black guy a few tributes away from me. He looked buff and big... no! He looked huge! I'd seen him in training and, well, he scared me. Three and four, they were the two tributes from District 12, Katniss and.... Peeta, I think? The only time I'd seen them they were at the survival stations, working on camouflage or on how to make a snare or practicing making a roaring fire. They scared me because they never showed any of us what they could do. And I'm pretty sure - when they wanted to be - they're deadly.

I didn't get a chance to see the last of my scary opponents as the gong sounded loudly in my ears. I instantly went into survival mode. I'd already made my plan - while I was in my 'dressing room' with my stylist, go for a bag or two and dart - so I took off, in the direction of a particularly good looking, promising bag.

I slid to the ground, covering the bag with my body as a boy with black hair dove for it also. He rolled onto of me and punched me in the stomach, and I, in turn, spit blood in his face. We wrestled a bit longer till he pinned me to the ground. Suddenly, he froze and made a choking sound. He fell to the side and off of me, that's when I saw the knife in the back of his throat. He convulsed and shook, blood pouring out of the cut and his open, gasping mouth.

I looked up and saw the small, scary looking girl smirking and holding a packet of knifes. Just like I thought, she never misses. Something seemed to draw her back into the fight, must not be interested in me anymore. Though, my vision became blurry as I stared ahead, something I always seem to do when I'm shocked or bored, and this defiantly was not a bored stare. I quickly snapped and rolled to my left, and just in time to. A sword came down on the spot where my heart was just a moment ago.

I sat in shock as my eyes dragged up the sword slowly, I took in the blood I saw and my own frightened reflection. Then, when my eyes saw the wielder of the sword, I gasped quietly. And I barely noticed when his head whipped up, my head was swimming and pounding.

It was him. It was the male Career Tribute from District 2. It was the arrogant, cocky, and self-centered - not to mention he was strong, ruthless, amazing with a sword and spear, and what scared me most, merciless - boy, man-beast, Cato, I had heard his name was.

I'd seen him rarely in the Training Center, I tended to stay as far away as possible from the Careers. But now that I got a good look at him, - and in the middle of a bloodbath - I now had another reason as to why.

In simple terms, he was gorgeous, even with the small splatters of blood on his pink cheeks. I was shamelessly checking this guy out, if he's gonna kill me, why not?

His hair was blond and tousled some, sticking up at the end. His face was somewhat pale, somewhat tan, and somewhat pink, but I had a feeling, that if we weren't trying to kill each other, he would be perfect. His eyes were what entranced me most. Deep and blue. They held hunger, hunger for blood and pride. They held a determined stare, yet I got the feeling that, somehow, he seemed to doubt himself at the same time. It seemed everything around me disappeared as I fought to not just lean forward and kiss him. I didn't know what came over me all of a sudden but I felt like doing that.

It was like a punch in the face when reality came slamming back into me. A girl's now lifeless body fell to the ground on my left side and I broke my stare with Cato. I looked quickly from the girl and then back to Cato. My feet scrambled beneath me and I stumbled to my feet. I turned and darted for the forest, not even looking over my shoulder to see Cato's face.

As soon as I reached the forest edge I was overcome with the silence of the world. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that Cato - and the other Careers - were behind me. I jumped over up-growing roots and ducked under low hanging branches, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following me.

All of a sudden I was aware of another set of footsteps, heavier than my own. I turned back for only a second and saw nothing, that's when I crashed.... into a tree. I fell backwards, feeling all the air rush from my lungs. I gasped for breath, clawing at my throat. Slowly, my throat opened again and I sucked in a massive gulp of air. Relief filled my lungs while fear struck my heart. Snap! Crack! The sounds of sticks breaking had me on my feet and running again. I faintly heard someone cursing behind me. I ran a little further when, in the light, I saw the glint of metal.

The sword hit my arm and back so quick I didn't have time to register the fact that the ear splitting scream I heard came from me. I fell forward, landing face first in the dirt. Right now, I wished I would've put that back pack on. I could feel the blood pouring out of the cuts and also, they felt deep. I don't know why - actually I do know why - I thought it was Cato, but when I heard his voice it was confirmed.

"Awww... poor baby," He sneered.

I cried out again as he stepped on my back. I could've sworn I heard a small snap.

"Poor you, and what was that back there!?" He shouted, putting more force on his step.

"Please... Stop..." I begged.

"Why?!" He yelled. "Why should I?"

"Please," I begged again, crying out as he dug his foot into my cut and breaking back.

"What ever you say.... Snow White," He chuckled darkly, removing his foot.

I pushed myself to my feet and turned to face him a dark scowl on my face. "Babe, looking at me isn't going to do anything."

I didn't know why, but when he called me 'babe' some part of me heated up. I stood there for a moment before I felt another slash, across my knee. I bit my tongue, holding back a scream and fell to the ground. I looked up at Cato, with teary eyes. The accomplished and satisfied smirk on his face made me want to die, but the sad and guilty glint in his eyes made me want to hug - and kill - him.

"You won't be needing this," He sighed, snatching my backpack. "Ta Ta!" He sang, litterally skipping off. "Have a nice time dying!"

I sat on my knees for a while, going through what had just happened. A minute ago I was standing on a metal plate, getting ready to start the end of my life and now...

Wait! I just realized something!...

I was still alive?! He didn't kill me?! He... he had spared me?!

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So? What do you guys think? I'm really hoping for some good comments and some votes. I was thinking I could, perhaps, extend this story. Possibly make it into something more? I don't know how I would do that, but I have a pretty good - frickin' awesome - imagination. Also, before I start, I want your guys opinion on this. So vote and comment on your favorite. I will count up the favorites and maybe make them into an actual story!! Ta ta for now!!

- Love you all, Kaitlinn