Idea #5: Anger Management

Main Characters: *Cato, *Clove, */Glimmer, and */**Marvel

* The MAIN love interests in this story

*/ or ** They were once involved with the main characters, then died. Or they are the secondary love pair in the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Possible Prologue/Preface for a new story/short story.***

I sat at the fire watching Glimmer grip onto Cato's arm, giggling like a child. I scowled and spit on my knife, polishing it. Glimmer looked up and scrunched up her face. I rolled my eyes and jerked forward. She let out a small scream and buried her head in Cato's neck.

"Baby," I muttered under my breath.

Marvel chuckled next to me and Cato scowled. Okay, not the reaction I was looking for. He usually liked when I was sarcastic. What was wrong with him?

"Glimmer? Are you okay, babe?" He asked, nudging her slightly.

Something inside me snapped when he called her babe, and I flinched. I always thought that would be me! And its her! That little.... No Clove, she's your ally... I reminded myself.... Like I care! I'm gonna kill her anyway! So I don't give a crap! That little b!tch! She was stealing Cato from me!!

My whole body heated up in anger and my hand tightened around my knife.

"What are you doing Clove?!" Marvel yelled beside me, jumping off of his log.

I looked at him strangely and then at my hand. It was bleeding, badly. "Sh!t," I cursed under my breath. I must've been grabbing the blade. And obviously hard, I thought, looking at the long, pretty deep cut that went through the center of my hand.

"I'll go wrap it," I hissed, throwing the knife down - and into a lizards neck- and getting up.

I stomped over to the large pyramid of stuff we had and found the gauze quickly. I ran away from the camp site as fast as possible, sprinting towards the lake. I stopped at the edge, breathing hard. I stood there for a second, just letting the cold wind whip against my face. Letting myself look hatefully at the reflection that shone so perfectly in the clear, blue lake water.

I snapped then. Screaming my grief out. I ripped open my jacket and pulled out five knifes throwing them at the trees across the lake. Each one hit directly above the other. And each one only brought me more trouble. I didn't know what was wrong with me. What was wrong with me?! Why was I acting like this!!?? I've never felt this way before! And all over a boy! And a tribute at that!! A tribute that I'm going to KILL!!! What the hel! is wrong with me?

I was panting heavily after that, and my legs wobbled beneath me. I looked into the water and saw my hateful reflection staring back, still as perfect as ever. I couldn't take it anymore. I fell to my knees and cried, I cried my heart out. Gently, I dipped my hand into the water and swished it around, watching my image distort, much to my liking.

I sighed as the pain seemed to wash away from me. Everything flowed out of me, except for that little shard of glass that somehow got lodged in my heart. That little piece of glass was Cato. Somehow he had wormed his way into my cold, hard heart and was resting there quite peacefully, much to my discomfort.

With my teary eyes I looked up to the sky. It was a full moon tonight. I guess the gamemakers were feeling generous. Sighing heavily I looked back down and in the water I saw, not one, but two beautiful reflections staring at me.

Me and Cato.

I jumped up and spun around to face him. The scowl on his face complimented his features well, it brought out the hate and power in his face. I matched his expression with a scowl of my own, only darker, full of more hate. Hate towards Glimmer, hate towards Cato, hate towards myself, hate towards the Hunger Games, and just hate towards life!

"What was that back there?!" He yelled at me.

"What was what?" I sneered back, hissing some as he grabbed my hand.

"What was this," He growled, pointing to my cut.

I yanked my hand away, flinching as I did. "Nothing you need to know about," I huffed, turning away.

"Yes, I do," He insisted, pulling me back against him.

My heart beat quickened as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. His face was so close to my own, his breath hot against my face, his lips only inches from mine. And the dark look on his face didn't help me either, it only amplified his attraction.

"Why'd you do that?" He growled in my ear.

"You wanna know," I sighed angrily.

I closed my eyes for a second, sucking in a deep breath before I smashed my lips onto his. He froze, but I didn't care, at least he knew now. I pulled away slowly, opening my eyes. I waited for the yelling, but it never came, I waited for the slash across the heart, the spear in the stomach... nothing. He just stood there, frozen like a statue.

"That's why," I whispered, turning and walking away.

I let a tear fall silently. Quickly, before Cato could see, I brought my bloodstained sleeve up to my cheek and wiped away the tear. "Clove, wait," He shouted after me. I just ignored him and kept on walking.

"Clove," He growled and I could tell he was right behind me.

Unexpectedly I was pulled back into Cato's hard chest. I stared up at him, fighting back the tears. Then, he did something I didn't expect. He leaned down and kissed me. I was in shock, yes, but I kissed him back.

His hands ran down my arms and wrapped around my waist. My good hand slid up his chest and into his hair, where I tangled my fingers. And my other hand laid still on his chest, staining his shirt with my blood. I never did end up wrapping that.

All of a sudden a stick snapped and we broke apart. In the forests shadow stood a tribute, an idiot boy. What a suprise. I rolled my eyes, both annoyed and angry. Pulling out a knife the guy squealed, but didn't move. So I threw it and it got lodged straight in his heart. He fell backwards and the cannon fired.

"You really need to take anger management classes," Cato chuckled.

"Maybe you could help me with that," I suggested, smirking mischievously.

"If we don't die," He sighed, and my heart shattered.

Yeah, if we don't die.