LETTER THREE

Dear Lucifer,

Dear Lucifer,

I love you, because you are strong.

Since the beginning of times, you've had to deal with so much. I'm quite sure at some point you were convinced the world hates you. Well, I don't, and it shouldn't either.

But just to recap — your Father wanted to destroy you, so as if to make things better, your Mother cast you out of Heaven. You were forced to rule Hell, even if you didn't want to. Then, I, the one person you expected to love and respect you, pushed you away. I hurt you, and I continued to do so when I came to find you on Earth. You've lost countless friends, from the aspiring actress to the priest. That one girl, Jana. Your brother. Then you found out Chloe was created by your Father just to manipulate you.

I believe I've said enough, but the point is, you've dealt with so much, felt so much, hurt so much, and yet, you're still here. You stand on both feet, proudly, and that makes me proud too. Because no matter how much the world tries to push you into giving up, no matter how many reasons it gives you to break, you still fight. You don't give up.

And promise me, you never will. No matter what happens, you'll stay strong.

Because that's what you are. And that's why I love you.

All the love,
Gen