Origin

I was able to hook my laptop's wireless connection to the school's wi-fi pretty easily, I also hacked the C2K after Daniel told me how. I went onto the BBC's website and checked their news headlines, one read:

America launches deadly Virus into Northern Ireland and Ireland

I clicked on it and the report opened up, it was saying that America had launched a war for control of the world after the attack, resulting in the entire loss of the island, for both sides. It went on to describe the virus, Apocalypse, in it's first stages it merges with the common cold and starts to mutate the bacteria turning them into a flu type bacteria, then it starts to destroy the immune system. After the immune system is destroyed the virus starts to attack the brain, decaying it very quickly. That's why people with the flu started to become very forgetful. Then they died and the virus then started to reboot the body, bringing them back to life and making them cannibalistic, insane undead. Zombies.

I went down the stairs and out of the building, I watched the zombies at the gates. Some were attacking others and eating them. Some started to pay attention to me and started to reach through the gates. I looked away from them and as I looked to the side a pair of boots stepped into my line of view, I looked up and James, the survivor from outside the gates, was standing there.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"I'm living." I nodded back, clicking my tongue. "You?"

"Same." He nodded. "Is it true?" He seemed curious.

"Is what true?" I asked, turning my head to look into his eyes, he was sitting beside me now.

"That you're a carrier?" He seemed sympathetic.

"Yep." I nodded. It made me think that if we survived this, I would either be killed, experimented on or left alone for the rest of my life. "And thinking about it, I don't really want to survive this." I said, before getting up and leaving him to sit there, I wonder if he even knew why I just said that.

I went back up the stairs and went onto twitter. I started typing a tweet,

'If anyone who cares reads this please send help. We are survivors of the Apocalypse virus which hit Northern Ireland. Please send help.' I posted it, tagging the location, and hoped someone read it. I went onto hotmail and checked my emails, my sister had sent me one over a week ago.

"Mark are you okay? I heard about the zombie thing, it's all over the news. When you get this email me, tell me you're okay. Okay? Just do it. Gary and I are really worried about you's." I clicked on the reply button.

"I'm okay, I'm in the school, I'm safe. But mum, dad and karl are dead. Please convince someone to send help. We're all going to die if you don't." I hit send and lay back on the floor. If I was lucky I would see my sister's face before long. I went back down the stairs and picked up the phone, the line was still active. I hit Claire's number into the phone. It rang 3 times before answered, she was panicking and seemed to be crying. "Hello?" She whispered.

"Claire, it's me, Mark." I heard a sigh from her and I heard Gary ask,

"Who is it?" She must have mouthed my name because I didn't hear anything.

"Mark are you okay? Where are you? Where's mum and dad and karl? I've been phoning you all for over a week, I even emailed you all."

"I got the email. Check it." I heard her opening up her laptop and a typing furiously. She gasped, so I knew she seen the message. She burst into tears. "Where are you? I'm going to phone the E.E.S. They'll send one of their teams to get you."

"I'm at B.R.A. There's a lot of us, 20 give or take a few." She hung up after I finished the sentence. "Rude much." I walked outside and everyone was playing about. "Guys!" I shouted out to them and they all stopped and looked at me. "I think people are coming to help us and... We are the survivors of a biological attack. From America." Everyone looked at me, and they all shouted at the same time,

"What? Where did you get this from?" James Johnston asked, "Twitter doesn't count."

"The BBC and my sister." I sighed. "It's all over the news. America have started a war for control and they decided to test out the Apocalypse on us." Everyone was frozen, they had accepted that their families had been killed by natural causes, only to find out it was the Americans that did this.