Jessica

After searching the school and finding only one survivor, Laura, we headed back to the French room. We entered through the main door and climbed the stairs. We walked down the corridor and I let everyone in. I could hear something shuffling and grunting. I closed the door and told them to lock it and to be quiet. I crept down the hall and crouched when I came to the half wall and looked over it, there was a small first year boy, zombified, then it screeched and I started to back away, to get something useable against it. When I past the doors, I stood up and turned on my feet to run, but standing there was Mr McGonigle, zombified, I jumped back and avoided his grasp and ran down the hall, shouting as I past the room,

“STAY IN THE ROOM!!!” I ran further down the hall and when I reached the stairs I ran down them, I pulled out my keys and fumbled about with them until the Master key was in my hand. I opened lockers hoping for a weapon I could use. I could then hear the zombies running, RUNNING! I panicked and ran down the hallway to the other staircase and climbed up them. I checked the corner, nothing, and went to my locker and opened it, pulling out the hockey stick and listening to the sounds of the zombies, they were downstairs. I quickly ran down to see Mr McGonigle standing there, his eyes bloodshot and his mouth foaming. He growled and then ran up the stairs. I braced myself and when he got close enough I kicked him up the jaw and he fell back down the stairs. I quickly followed on foot and when I reached him, I lifted my hockey stick above my head and quickly pulled the hockey stick down hard and fast and it smashed against his head, cracking it and blood spitting out and hitting my cheek. I lifted the hockey stick again and smashed it down harder, this time the hockey stick went into his head and left a hole in his skull and blood seeped out of it. I leaned against the wall and breathed, “I have always wanted to kill you. Suppose undead you will have to do.” I then stepped over his body and went into the girl’s toilets to clean the blood off my face and hockey stick. Then something jumped onto my back and it grabbed at my hair and shirt and started trying to bite at me. I started trying to pull it off my back but it just tightened its grip and tried harder to bit me. I then slipped on some water on the floor and as I put my hands out to soften my fall, the zombie was free to bite me. But it just went limp. I rolled it off me and Victoria helped me up. I turned around and looked at the body and in the head was a large pair of scissors. I pulled her into a hug, thanking her for saving me. Then my phone rang and I pulled out of the hug.

“Hello?” I asked,

“Mark? It’s Jessica, where are you? Who’s with you?” She sounded as if she was having fun, “Dad, he isn’t going to need it he’s dead.” I then heard a car door opening and closing and a dog barking.

“Jessica. I’m at the school, with Victoria, Louise, James, Daniel and others. Why where are you?” I replied.

“James Johnston?” She asked me.

“Yep.”

“Ugh.”

“Where are you, Jessica?” I asked again.

“Oh. I’m with my dad; we’re on our way to the school.”

“Well the main gates, have zombies around them and the maths block gate has like one or 2. Which do you want to go for?”

“The maths block. Make sure it’s open when we get there.”

“Alright.” I nodded and then hung up. “Go get the others. And go to the maths block gates.” I ran on out. I looked over at the caretakers’ room. The keys would be in there.

I ran over to the door and tried the handle. Locked from the inside. I noticed some movement behind some boxes. “Let me in. I need the keys!” I shouted but the thing moving and walked into another room. I peered through the glass and looked into it and it looked like the keys were in the door. I lifted the hockey stick and smashed it against the window, it was smashed and I jabbed the smashed window with it and it all fell in. I put my hand in and took the keys and then something grabbed my arm and I could feel something biting into it. I pulled back and looked at my hand in there was a bite mark, I looked into the room and there was a zombie growling at me in the corner. I backed away from the door and turned around. Louise was walking towards me.

“Did you get them?” She asked me.

“Yeah, here.” I threw them at her and she caught them. “I need to go to the matron’s office.” She looked at me.

“Why?” I showed her the bite mark, it was bleeding now. “What happened?!”

“I got bitten.” She backed away from me. “But I’m immune so there’s a chance.”

“Alright, what do you want me to tell the others?”

“Tell them the truth.” She started walking towards the maths block. I headed in the opposite direction and when I reached the matron’s office I quickly pushed the door open. It was normal and left untouched. I went over to the cabinets and took 5 boxes of pain killers and a roll of bandages. I then went into her small toilet and washed the bite with some cold water, dried it and then wrapped the bandage around it. I also took a pain killer just in case.

I then went to the maths block. Daniel was waiting for me. “Are you sure?”

“That I’ll be okay?” I replied.

“Yeah.”

“Well, I haven’t noticed anything, no head ache or hunger or anything.” Daniel nodded,

“Alright I trust you.” He then led me to the gate and the others seemed a bit more worried.

“Guys I’m immune.”

“To the flu, how do you know you’re immune to this?”

“Because I would have noticed if I was changing by now.” We all went silent when we heard a car driving. Daniel and James pulled the first gate and Craig and I pulled the second. The car swerved in and drove straight through and into the main playground. Craig and I quickly pushed the first gate shut and locked, we then ran back to the other, Daniel and James closed it behind us. Just as we started to walk away a small horde ran at the gates. We quickly ran back to the main playground, closing off the maths block with the gate in-between the main playground and maths block courtyard. Jessica and her dad got out and Jessica opened the back door and her dog jumped out, he had blood covering his fur. Jessica had 2 swords in her hands and a pair of jeans, long converse and a blue hoodie and fingerless gloves, her hair up in a ponytail. Her dad had a pistol in one hand and a baseball bat in the other; he wore a pair of jeans with boots and a leather biking jacket.

“Hey guys.” Jessica said.