Contact

Five minutes after all the trucks had left, Daniel,Craig,James and I left the french room. We were hoping that we would find others that thought something odd about the Army. We searched the Jackson and Sillary buildings before moving towards the Bruce building and checking each and every science room. Nothing. We were on our way to the Louis Lord building when we heard running. I spun on my heel to see Laura running towards me. When we made contact she wrapped her arms around me.

"They killed everyone!" She cried. "Everyone. It was a slaughter!" She looked up to me and her make up was running down her cheek with her tears.

"Did you see them do it?" Craig asked,stepping forward. I closed my arms around her and stroked her head, whispering,

"It'll be okay, we're safe."

"Did you see it happen, Laura?!" She released her grip from me and looked at Craig.

"Follow me." She made us follow her up to the top floor of the Cromby, into Dr Adair's History room and we went into the small stairwell leading to the very top. I climbed first and when I reached the top I looked out over the scene.

Cars crashed into each other and buildings,the rumble surrounding them. Some buildings were on fire. People,living people,were still running from the hordes,only to be eaten alive not long after. Cars with panicking drivers drove through the streets recklessly,crashing into everything but continuing on until they got swarmed or the petrol ran out or their engine died. Everyone was trying to escape but it was so uncoordinated that they just died trying. I took out my phone.

I scrolled through the contacts, Dad was first. I pressed the Phone button and put it to my ear. It rang and rang. Then he picked up.

"Dad?!" I cried down the phone.

"Mark? What's wrong?" He sounded worried,put his worry was only present now.

"Everyone,burned. Zombies,killing everyone else." I breathed and started shaking,realising how scared I was and the fear just hit me like a lorry. "They're all dead."

"Mark, what do you mean..." I heard something,glass maybe,smashing and a woman screaming and then some movement. I knew that they were there and my dad was a goner. I looked at my phone and heard my dad slamming a door and shouting at people to hurry. I looked up from my phones and collapsed onto my knees. I watched my phone as I heard the sounds of banging on a door and people panicking. I listened to the sounds of the door breaking and the screams echoing. A single tear rolled down my cheek and more followed its lead. One or two dripping onto my phone. I picked up the phone and went through my contacts and seen Karl's number,I looked out across the scene in front of me and seen the army trucks and they were burnt,someone set them on fire killing everyone. I looked at my phone and flicked to my mum's number. I already knew what had happened to my mum. It didn't ring,just gave the message,

"The number you are calling is not available." I sat there. My eyes closed,trying to hold my tears back,and my breathing uneasy. My phone lay on the ground in front of me. Then I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I looked up to see Laura,she sat beside me and rest her head on my shoulder.

"You still have me."

Never try to make contact with family members unless you are sure they are alive.