CHAPTER TWO

ring ring

I spaced out and realized that my phone has been ringing for a while now.

"Oppa, where are you?" I didn’t even try to hide how excited I was to see him. It has been almost 3 months since we saw each other. I have been too busy studying determined to pass it no matter what that I haven't got any time to see him. Though I got to talk to him on the phone, it still wasn’t enough.

"Kal…I'm sorry but I think we need to move our celebration for tomorrow."

"Why?"

"A friend had an emergency at home and asked me to fill up of his spot."

"Can't someone else do it? We haven't seen each other for quite some time now and I really wanted to celebrate with you." I can't help but whine.

"Im sorry Kal but I really can't. Sorry if I just called you, did you wait that long?" When he said this I checked my watch and saw that I have already been waiting for almost an hour now.

"Not really Seunghyun oppa." I lied and tried to hide the disappointment I felt. I don’t want him to think that I’m that selfish.

"I know when you are upset Kal. Calling me Seunghyun oppa is just too obvious. I know you only call me that way when you're upset." I can just imagine his pouting face as he said this. I should be the one upset here not him. “Don’t hide how you feel just to make me feel better.”

I chuckled and said "I'm not mad ok. You don't have to feel bad. I'll just meet up with my friends." Then I heard someone calling him. “They need you. You better go now, bye oppa.”

"I'm really sorry. Don't worry I'll make it up to you. Bye." Then he hung up.

I sighed. But really, it doesn't feel like I have been sitting here for an hour, now I feel kind of lonely. I dismissed the thought and dialed Mika's number.

No answer. 'Everybody seems to be busy...It doesn't matter if I'm alone, it's not right to just sulk here.' I started walking around not really knowing where to go.

I turned and noticed an unfamiliar alley. I’ve been walking around here for almost all my life and yet I haven’t noticed that there’s an alley there. I was curious as to what was on the other side and was taken aback in what I saw. I can't imagine that a place like this existed that I wasn’t even aware of it.

There were bands performing on the street, groups of people gathering around to watch them. People were dancing around. Little children were running around people in mascots. There were so many little shops everywhere. But what caught my interest was a café at the corner.

I went in and I was drowned by the smell of sweets and coffee mixed together it was just so intoxicating, but in a good way. It was very different from what a normal cafe look and feels like. The walls were a marbled cream. Dim lights lit the room and reflecting the translucent, red curtains making the room have a blush of pink. Clean white linen covered the circular tables, paired with wooden black chairs with intricate carvings which made them look classy. I looked around and saw that there are not that many people and most of them are couples.

Then there was a sign saying,   'FREE CAKES AND REFILS FOR COUPLES'   cakes! Cakes! CAKES! I really love cakes! But then again it is only free for couples. 'If only Seunghyun oppa was here...'

Though I'm not getting anything free tonight, I decided to stay seeing that the cakes look so delicious. I looked around and chose a table near the window. I stared outside, looking at the people walking by. I don't know how long I have been staring out but as I cut my gaze outside, there was someone sitting in front of me. I didn't even notice him sat down.

'How long has he been sitting there? What is he doing here? How did he find me?' There were just too many questions running in my mind. I looked at him without saying anything and he just stared back at me and smiled.

"Excuse me!" he called out waving at the waitress. "Good Evening! What would you like sir?" she flashed her professional smile at him. She didn't even bother to face me and just directed all her attention to the person in front of me.

"One iced latte and . . ." he turned to me with a 'what-do-you-want' face. I didn't respond. I can’t talk even if I wanted to. My heart was going crazy so I just directed my attention to my twiddling fingers. "Make that two" he said. "Anything else?" asked the waitress. Then he intertwined his fingers with mine showing it to the waitress saying, "And…we would like a free cake too."