CHAPTER SEVEN

I still can’t believe that I got in YGU and now, school just started and we are walking together with our hands intertwined. Yes, WE are holding hands, Seunghyun oppa and I. Walking like this in public made me think of what happened during our last date.

The fireworks outside were beautiful. I mustered up the courage and decided that now is the time that I should tell him. I turned to face him and froze. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath brushing my face.

He moved closer and stopped. “Kal?” he said, his lips slightly brushing mine as he said my name. My breath seized in my chest and he closed the distance between us. His lips were warm as it molds into mine. His kiss was slow and gentle, as if I was the most fragile thing in the world. I couldn’t move, he was kissing me and I couldn’t move, I couldn’t even breathe. I felt the world spinning so I just closed my eyes, unconsciously my hand move to his shoulder and he stopped suddenly backing away.

It was complete silence. Even the sounds of the fireworks outside were muted. Only our heavy breathing can be heard. I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath while he...while we...while we did that. He wasn’t facing me but looking out the window. My lips were dry and I lick them, tasting him. I didn’t dare break the silence for I myself was still in a complete shock.

“Kal you don’t have to say anything. I don’t want to force you to anything that you don’t want. I don’t want you to feel pressured or anything.” I didn’t say a word still frozen unable to believe what was happening.

“And I won’t apologize for what I did. I just...I want you to know...that is how I feel for you. I like you Kalie.” He continued.

Everything he said is starting to sink in. I looked at him and he was still looking outside. I was expecting him to take back what he said and say that everything was just a joke and he was kidding but his face was serious and I felt the sincerity in his voice when he spoke a while ago.

“I...feel the same way oppa.” My voice was soft and yet it felt like I was shouting at him.

Immediately his head snap up to look at me. His eyes were big as if he can’t believe what I said, it was glittering with joy. Embarrassment struck me because of what I said and I felt my cheeks go hot. How can he not believe what I said when almost all of my friends can see how I much I like him. What was surprising was how he felt for me. I looked away. I can’t take the way he looks at me. It was too embarrassing.

“I was just about to tell you how I felt when you suddenly…” I couldn’t say the word it was too awkward.

He stood and I felt him sit beside me. I was facing away from him so I couldn’t really see how he looks. He turned me around and tipped my chin to look at him. He was smiling, my heart stopped, he is so perfect. He slowly lowered his face to mine and stopped when our lips were barely touching. It was like he was waiting for me to, I don’t know, maybe close the distance or move away, but I didn’t and just closed my eyes. Then I felt his lips totally cover mine.

“I kissed you Kal. Is that so embarrassing to say.” He said as he removed his lips from mine.