bloom

The next I didn't want to wake up. Like always. But I heard my mom screaming for me to come down stairs.

"But I'm not dressed!" I screeched back

"Does it look like I care? Get your lazy ass down here!" she yelled back. I rolled out of bed in my bra and under ware, went down stairs, turned the corner to the living room and saw Jess and Brett standing there ready for school.

"Please tell me your going to school like that." Brett looked me over and smirked. I glared at him putting on my best I will destroy you face! Jess was laughing his ass off.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I will not be going to school like this! I am far to over dressed!" I smirked as Brett's face turned a bright red and Jess laughed even harder.

"Y-your kidding r-right?" Brett looked at me wide eyed. I just laughed and went up stairs. When I came down in jeans and I black hoodie Brett noticeably relaxed. "We have my car parked out front. shall we go?" He asked smugly.

"Breakfast." I said then went towards the kitchen. Like always mom glared at me and left the room dad didn't register anything he was so lost in the morning paper, and my older brother was typing away at the key board on his laptop. I just sat at the table and pored myself a bole of cereal and ate it with out looking at anyone. Then I remembered Jess and Brett. I turned around and they just stood there opened mouth, the quietness of the house must have shocked them. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. This shocked my brother. He looked up from what ever he was doing on the computer.

"Sam! What is so funny?" He asked puzzled. I can't remember the last time I laughed in the house.  But one of the corners of his mouth crept up. 

"Their faces! I- Its so- just-" I could barely speak! He looked and Jess's and brett's face and chuckled.

"Well I must be off to collage! Bye." He closed his laptop. He brushed past Brett and Jess. I finally stopped laughing and was able to finish my breakfast. When I was done I grabbed my back pack and both of the guys arms and took off towards the door. 

"Was that your brother? He looked like he was only 17!" They staird after him.

"He is.... He started collage classes when he was 13. He is a guinus. The only way he can go though is if he teaches classes as well." I shrugged opening the car door and getting in.

"but..... How!" Brett looked confused.

"I don't know! Come on lets go! We are going to be late if we don't" I was lieing we had nearly 45 minutes to get to class but to me that was later then late! They followed me towards the door.

When we got to school I leaped out of the car and went towards the big mapple stubornly. It took them a moment to get out of the car and another moment to realize where I was going. "Hey! We went over this! You shouldn't sit there anymore!" Brett said jogging up beside me. Jess was only a few steps behind.

"does this look like the face that cares?" I ask raising one eyebrow as I sit down under the tree. They just sigh look at each other and sit down. I pulled out my sketch pad and start doodling a pixie standing on a rock. I lost myself in the drawing. I realized someone was saying my name. I looked up and saw Jason walking over from the popular table. Brett and Jess moved closer to me protectively.

"Wo! Down boys heal!" Jason chuckled "Do you mind calling off the hounds?" He stayed a few feet back just incase.

"Guys its cool! This is Jason." Brett looked him over and then made room for him to sit. Jess wasn't so eager. "Jess calm your self dude! Not every one is out to get me!" I smiled at him and punched him lightly on the shoulder. Jess sighed and made room.

"Thanks, so Sam I was thinking if your not busy this Friday night ,they are showing Dracula at the theater, and I waned to know if you wanted to go and catch the 8 o-clock showing?" He looked at me confidently as if he already knew I was going to say yes, and I was! I mean I have had a crush on him sense the 7th grade!

"I'd love to!" I said trying to contain my excitment.

"Cool. Well I will pick you up at 7:30! But I gotta go! We have an away game and we have practice all day!" He sprung up and ran off leaving me with a goofy little smile on my face.

"What the hell?!" Jess said. "You know he is just setting you up for disappointment! You have to see that!" He was glaring daggers in the direction Jason had run off in.

"I have to agree, I was like jason befor I met Jess. I even did what he is going to do to you, but I did it to Jess's little sister. Got the snot beaten out of me by Jess. This before him and I were friends though! But you get my point. He is only using you for his own amusement. As soon as he gets what he wants he will drop you like a hat!" Brett put a hand over mine and looked at me in sympathy.

"But you guys don't know him like I do! I have gone to school with him sense the second grade!" I said

"And only when it seems like your no longer an option he takes notice of you." Brett says

"What do you mean...." Then I realised what they meant. "He is not going out with me because he thinks I'm 'easy'!" I yelled standing up and stomping one foot.

"We aren't saying that-" i cut off Brett.

"But you were thinking it!" With that the bell rang and I stormed off to first period. Looking out the window in my first class tears filling my eyes, How could they say that! I thought as the first tear fell down my face. I mean they dont even know Jason! I heard someone sit beside me. Right I have first period with them.... Well this isn't awkward! Not at all..... Brett turned to me and opend his mouth then closed it then opend it again.

"Hey listen we shouldn't have been so quick to judge.... I- we where just speaking from experience! I am sorry i was so presumptuous! It was our fault and I appologies." He kicks Jess and Jess turns around. Brett gives him a meaningful look and Jass heaves a sigh.

"I am sorry too. I shouldn't have exploded like that." He didn't sound very convincing but I smiled.

'"I am sorry too. I should have listened its just i was so happy! I have had a crush on him sense the seventh grade and.... well I just let my emotions get the best of me." I was looking down when I admited my little secret about the crush. Brett just gave me a huge smile and swung his arm around my shoulders and gave me a tight hug.