Blossum

They had carried me by the arms for a good five minutes then set me down and looked at me their faces filled with consern. "Are you ok? Did he hurt you? If he did we will kill him!!" Brett said very coldly.

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?!" I exploded. My eyes filled with tears that I have been holding back, " No one ever cares! I could have hadled it! It happens every day!" *Sniffle* "And now people will notice me! I was purfectly happy with know but Me Myself and I! So tell me Why do you care?" I was crying the tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

"You shouldn't have to ask why we care, and by the way you "Haddled" things this morning you need some one to protect you. The least you could do is say thank you!" Jess exploded right back.I wiped my tears off my face. I hate that it is easy to make me cry and I hate even more when I cry infront of people.

" I am sorry I should have exploded like that. Its just that. no one really notices me... and I like it that way. I don't like being in the spot light really, and you two are the new It guys at the school." I said lookingat the grownd.

"Its alright. really it is!" Brett said coming forward and giving me a hug resting his head on top of mine. They are both really tall and I am really short. only 5'1" they are at least 6 feet tall. maybe a little taller.

"I stilol haven't herd a- Ouch what was that for!" Jess said. I looked up and brett had punched Jess in the arm. Jess looked up evily "Ok this time I am ready for the fight." He spred his legs slightly to balcance him self and Brett tackled him. Then I noticed where we were. We where out by the track where the foot ball players and cheer leaders practiced at lunch. I laughed, just laughed. The two where really going at it. but I could tell they weren't trying to hurt each other. Then suddenly Brett was sitting on Jess's back and pulling his leg up. "Ok ok I give you win once again!" Brett got off and looked at me with a big smile on his face.

"What is my reword?" He said teasingly. I pretended to think about it.

"I arm wrestling match with me!" I said jockingly. He laughed.

"And if I win that too? Do I get a kiss?" He said once again teasingly. Knowing I had the kiss candy in my backpack I agreed.

"But is I win you have to give me a piggy-back-ride to my next class!" We shook on it and then began. He was holding back I could tell. I wasn't then with a sudden burst of power he slammed my hand onto the gound. We laughed and then I had to bring up my side of the bargin. Jess didn't look very happy about it. "One sec! I need to get some thing from my back pack!' I said, Brett gave a smugg grin wich faded as soon as I brought out the chocolate! Jess burst out laughing.

"No I ment I kiss like on the cheek or lips!" He said.

"You never said that. you just said a Kiss! Here it is." I said bringing out a single chocolate. He took the chocolate and angrily un-rapped it, then shoved it in his mouth. "Haha! Don't be like that! What did the chocolate ever do to you?" I said teasingly. Before he could answer the bell rang. I quickly grabbed my stuff and hurried to class waving good bye to them. There weren't many breaks between now and the end of the day, besides lunch, and they weren't very long.

In the class before lunch I was sitting at my desk when I saw a pare of pompoms planted on some cheerleders hips. They had practice just befor this class and usually showed up in uniform. "Um! Your in my way freek!" Her friends laughed like it was the best joke ever.

I persed my lips from the retort that wanted to come out. "Sorry...." I said and moved my bag. One of the girls had a cold coffee in her hand and pored it next to my desk. the puddle moved quickly twords my back pack. I scrambled to get it out of the way of the puddle. This was so strange! Why are they noticing me! I am so confus- wait. Jess and Brett. This is their fault! ARG!!! Oh well. The cheerleaders past me laughing like they had just doen the funniest joke ever! The teacher came in and I zoned out. It was history and I was amazing at it. So I could aford to space for a class or two!

Lunch came and I went to the big mapple tree. Like always. But befor I could step on the grass Bretts hand yanked me back. "What are you doing? Your putting yourself in the line of fire!" Jess started tapping his foot in annoyance."Come on! lets go! I am hungry!" Brett led me twords the football feild.

" I have to get to soccer practice! lets gooooo!" Brett was walking quickly leaving me to almost jog after him.

"You've been here less then a day and your already on the soccer team?" I looked at him in astonishment.

"And the swim team... I am thinking of joining track! I can't wait to get in the water though! Do you like to swim?" Brett glanced back at me and raised one eyebrow.

"Um... I don't know how..." I slowed and looked at the ground. Before Brett could say what ever it is he was about to say we were at the Soccer field, the soccer field is right next to the foot ball field. 

"What ever! We will pick this up after practice! I need to go change!" Brett ran to the boys locker room. The soccer team was already worming up. Both the foot ball team and cheerleading team practiced when the soccer team did so it was pretty noisy! I dissuaded to sit on the bleachers nearest to the foot ball team. I wanted to draw them and the sun was hitting them just right. Jess went to go buy lunch and offered to get me something, I turned him down even though I was starving. About 15 minutes after Jess came back and I stole most of his food he went over to the soccer field to "Yell encouragement at Brett." As soon as he was over there he started teasing him. So I was just sitting there drawing and laughing at some of the things Jess said. 

"Hey." A voice said. I didn't look up I was to focused on drawing. "Hey I am talking to you! HEY YOU WITH THE BLUE HAIR!!!!" Some one screamed. I glanced up to see the courter back looking at me and heaving his chest as if he had just put a lot of effort into something. He gestured at me to come over there. I blinked twice and went back to drawing. What ever he wanted it couldn't be good. I was sitting close enough to the field that I heard the fence rattle as if someone were climbing over it. I was just finishing the shading when some thing blocked my light. 

"Your blocking my light." I mumbled my pencil never stopping moving.

"You'll have to convince me to move." The same voice said. I looked up and the courter back was standing in front of me, the smile that made half of the girls at school faint. His blue eyes danced has if he had just heard a good joke. I raised one eye brow. 

"Move!" I told him in my most no-nonesense voice trying my hardest not to faint. Yes I was one of the girls. I had a huge crush on him even though I didn't even know his name! 

"Haha! Are you knew here? i have never seen you before." He cocked his head off to one side slightly his shaggy blond hair flopping off to that side. my heart did a little pitter-patter. 

"No... I have gone to school with sense the second grade...." I told him. He was one of the few I wasn't friends with. Back then he was stand-off ish and didn't like preppy girls like I was. 

He looked surprised. "Really? Then why haven't I seen you around school?" I sighed I didn't feel like explaining and crying. "Its ok. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He smiled softly "I'm Jason, whats your name?" My heart took flight.

"I'm Sam." I said trying not to let my voice shake! 

"Well I'll see you around Sam." Then he bent down moved my newly shortened hair off to one side and kissed my forehead. I nearly fainted.