Chapter 2: Fall Out Boy

Yes, I was cold to Savannah.

And yes, I was profusely ignoring her.

But given the chance to take back our friendship? I’d still say yes.

During the past days we were able to interact with each other a bit more than before. It happened mostly when she was in the house, but not so much than a not so emotional smile in school. Apparently, she was still staying in our house, even though her parents came back from their business trip ages ago. And she told my mom, but didn’t tell me anything at all.

Well, we were ignoring each other.

I didn’t like thinking about her nowadays, and Sadie had been helping a lot in that.

Sadie and I had a relationship that was complicated. We weren’t an item, but we weren’t friends either. Like, somewhere in between.

During lunch times, she sat with our little crew of weirdoes, and they’d open up to her.

“So, are you trying out for any sports, or are you the nerd type?” I asked Sadie.

She shrugged. “I’m thinking about the female pep, but there’s something about them I don’t like.”

“Does that include the fact that they wear their jerseys instead of uniforms?” Zoey laughed as the cheerleaders walked past our table, surely enough, wearing their uniforms.

I found myself staring at them.

Not exactly at them but at certain parts that made that certain part want to stand up.

That ass though.

The girls must’ve caught on. Sadie spanked my arm and if looks could kill, I’d be begging St. Peter to let me in by now.

“Aw, babe, you know how horny we get.” I told her teasingly, high-fiving the boys at the table. We all laughed at how silly we got over boobs and butts.

She just raised an eyebrow. “And you expect me to take that lightly.”

“Whoa there, tiger.” I threw my arms up in mock surrender. “No need for that. You know you’re all I need.”

Someone passed by, directly in behind Sadie and I, and said, “Yeah, girl, don’t believe Chase.”

I turned around to look for the girl who said that right behind us, and the only girl giving Sadie a pitiful look nearby was Savannah. I caught her eye easily. She raised an eyebrow, as if she was challenging me.

I glared at her, wanting to say Bring it on, Winters!

She just smirked and left. Oh, how confusing can she be?

Zoey must’ve noticed the situation, judging from the look in her face. She grabbed Jake’s arm and practically dragged him outside the cafeteria. Soon enough, so did the others, leaving Sadie and me on the table.

“What’s that all about?” Sadie asked, almost laughing.

“They’re weird like that.” I laughed. “Looks like we have each other alone for a few minutes.”

“So, we’re alone together?”

“Don’t go all Fall Out Boy on me!”

“You know Fall Out Boy?”

I nodded, making her grin. “Can you sing a song?” I asked her. She shook her head.

“Come on, Sadie.” I urged. “It’s just one song.” I added my signature smile at the end before touching her knee.