Chapter 1: Sadie

Chapter 1: Sadie

There's always that one girl that can mess up any player's system. That particular girl comes into every player's mind. She could either be:

a. Incredible hot,

b. Incredibly stupid, or

c. Savannah Winters.

Too bad my girl was all of the above.

It's a few more days until Sadie Hawkins Dance, and almost every girl was frantic and getting their chins up and calming their nerves, just to ask their dream guy to that dance. Well, prom to be exact. The principal decided that Sadie and Prom would just be one dance.

It was hilarious watching the girls go frantic during the announcement.

But for once, nobody's asked me who my date was.

Actually, I was starting to think about not going at all.

"Excuse me." A pretty girl said shyly. "You're Alex Chase, right?"

I nodded, adding in a smile for the mood.

"Do you have a date to Sadie yet?"

"As weird as it sounds, no." I admitted. "I'm considering not going."

She gulped. "Well, do you want to go with me?" She asked, tinkering with her bracelets. She was adorable, really.

"Sure, sweetheart." I answered. She was obviously shocked with my answer. "What's your name, by the way?" I asked.

"Sadie Walker." Sadie, as she said her name was, said twirling a red streak in her brown hair. "I didn't expect you to say yes." She admitted.

Actually, me too.

"Well, I just can't turn down a pretty girl now can I?" I winked, making her uncomfortable.

"Oh." Was all she said. "I guess I'll see you around then?"

I placed an arm around her small shoulders and steered her to my table. "Well, you're not going anywhere, because my date has the privilege to eat with the cool kids today."

"'The cool kids?'" She scoffed. "Who in hell thought of that?"

I just shrugged, running a had through my blonde hair. "It's been said around with the rumors."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Oh."

We made it to our table, and I asked her to sit down on the seat next to mine. The look on her face was priceless, to be honest. It was like she couldn't believe she got to sit with me.

"Oh look. It's Alex." Zoey said in a very bored tone. "And with a girl. Woo."

I scowled. "It's not everyday." I grumbled to myself.

"So," Jake finally said, putting down his spoon. "Who's this?" His tone was cool, but with a dangerous edge to it. I wasn't sure how that was possible, but he managed to do it.

"My date to the prom." I shrugged.

"Her name?"

"Sadie." She said, butting in our conversation. "My name's Sadie Walker."

"How come we don't see you in school a lot?" Zoey asked. "Or we just don't notice you."

"I'm not sure actually." Sadie replied. "I've been here a while, but I always hung out with my friend's cousin. I guess she just asked me to find a date to the prom."