chapter six. - cheating?

bahja.
one week later.

"Come and take your place, it'll never be the same..." I softly sung to myself as, I paced around the room.

I wasn't sure what was exactly wrong with me. The week had passed by so slowly and I felt like shit each and everyday. It's gotten so bad that I haven't even spoken to anybody. Although, I've seen Jacob on Snapchat enjoying his life. He obviously wasn't in his feelings anymore. There was nothing for him to stress about, I wasn't in his life anymore and he had a chance to start over. It was bothering me for some reason but, I just needed to ignore my feelings. I was hurting inside.

To add to the drama, Chresanto hasn't been around much lately. He hasn't be home for the past week, he's been at his moms house. I was alone and felt like I didn't have anyone. The worst part of it was, the bills were starting to get overdue. Without him here, I can't survive. I wasn't going to get a job anytime soon, so I did what I knew how to. Singing. Luckily, there was a studio a couple blocks down from the apartment. I threw on a jacket and made my way towards the studio.

12:15pm.

Once I arrived there, I didn't need them to do much. I pretty much had my mind on doing everything myself. But, unexpectedly I ran into Tremaine. This wasn't what I was looking forward to happening, honestly.

"Yo, B! I wasn't expecting to see you here." He chuckled softly. "You got some shit mixed and ready to work on? Or you just beginning?"

"I'm just beginning, just play something for me and I'll see what I could come up with."

He nodded and sat down at his computer, beginning to pull up a beat. While the beat played, I just started thinking about everything. Everything that has been happening lately. What was the reason of things happening? I don't know. This was nothing how things were in my dreams. Midway through the rest of the beat playing, the door unexpectedly opened. Turning my attention towards it, I see it was Jacob.

"Yoo, bro! What you doing in here we 'possed to be m—." Jacob paused, turning his attention towards me and licking over his lips. "Wassup, Bahja?"

Pause, what? I swear this man was just irritated with me and now he wanna try and be all smooth and shit? What the actual fuck.

"Hey, Jake." I said, very blandly. There was no reason for me to give him a super hype response. After that argument that we had.

"Well, let me leave y'all alone for a minute." Tremaine said, standing up from his seat.

Well that's so much for trying to avoid him. Jacob came and sat beside me. There was nothing but silence, I didn't plan on breaking it anytime soon. I figured if I continued to be silent, he would leave. I mean, what was there really to say? But, at the same time I did have something to say. I don't even know.

"What happened to us?" I said, breaking the silence and looking down at the floor. "I know I promised not to ever leave you. But, I guess the waiting was hard."

He cleared his throat, turning his attention towards me. "Ain't nothing happen to us. You moved on and I just can't accept that yet."

"Why?"

"Because, Bahja. You were the first female that I didn't try and run game on. I really loved you, I know I used to leave you for the streets. But, when I came back home you were there. You was the one there for me at every court visit and always bailed me out from time to time. And, now that your gone from my life; what am I supposed to do? Ain't nobody gon' love you like I do." He shook his head. "Honestly, your the only reason why I quit the streets and now I'm about to start this music shit."

At the moment, I was speechless. Everything he said took my breath away. I didn't know what I wanted to say and I didn't know what I needed to say. The tears in the back of my eyes started to swell up and eventually came falling down.

"Wait, you quit the streets? For me?"

He nodded. "Isn't that what you asked for? When I first stepped foot into your apartment, you made me promise that I'd stop. And, that's what I did. Just because we had an argument, didn't mean I was going to break that promise."

"Wow. Thank you." I finally looked up at him and smiled through my tears. "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything."

The moment our eyes made eye contact with each other, it felt like old times again. That spark was definitely still there. It's going to take some time to disappear, if it ever disappears. Being a though it was the heat of the moment, we both leaned into each other. Our lips met and I sweat fireworks went off. The kiss was intense, very intense. So intense that our hands began roaming over each other's bodies.

I pulled away from him slowly and stood up from the couch. "Let's go somewhere else."

Without saying a word he stood up from the couch and grabbed onto my hand. We walked outside of the studio and down the street towards my apartment. Once we made it inside, we immediately went for each other. Everything felt so right at the moment, even though it was so wrong.

8:30PM.

"It's getting late, I think I should get going." He mumbled, playing through my now messy hair.

"You don't have to leave." I whined. "Stay here for the night."

"I would but, don't you have a boyfriend? How is he going to feel catching me in your bed for a second time?"

I shrugged. "You care? I recall you being ready to fight the last time. He isn't coming back here though, he hasn't been here for a week."

"I wasn't trying to fight, he came in here acting all tough. But, aight. I'll stay wit' you then."

"Thank you." I chuckled, snugging up against him closer.

I'm not sure if I cheated or not. The way Chresanto has been acting, I'm not to sure of anything anymore. I didn't care. What happened, happened.

---

SORRY FOR THE WAIT! WRITERS BLOCK. /:

THOUGHTS, FEELINGS? WRITE 'EM IN THE COMMENTS. 🤘🏾