chapter five. - i'm back.

DJ.
july 22, 2014. ┌ flashback 004.

"Loook! You broke my nail, always wanna play too damn much." Zonnique rolled her eyes, now looking down at the other piece to her nail.

"Shut up, you'll be fine. I'ma get it fixed tomorrow." I plopped down on her bed. "Come and sit down man."

She rolled her eyes and laid down beside me on the bed. "I'm not one of your mans, to be correct. I'm supposed to be your girl."

"What you mean supposed to be? You are my girl, you see me paying for those nails right?"

"Is paying for my nails supposed to be certification of me being yours?" She laughed. "If so, then you should've been paying for my shit awhile ago."

"No, baby." I chuckled. "I truly do love you so much. Words can't even describe how thankful I am to have met you."

She blushed a little bit. "If you love me so much then you'll quit messing around in these streets."

And, I knew this moment was about to come around. Somehow it always comes down between choosing her or the streets. Unfortunately, I always put the streets above her. Why? That's because, once your locked into this shit there's no way of getting out.

Don't take that the wrong way though. Zonnique has been with me through thick and thin, literally. I want to do anything that makes her happy but, leaving the streets is just something I can't do. Selling drugs and murdering is all that I know how to do.

I ran my hands over my face and shook my head. "Baby. We've talked about this before, you know I can't do that."

"Really? I don't understand why it's so hard for you just to get out the streets!" She stood up from the bed and looked at me. "Keith, I don't think you realize all the danger you could be getting into."

"Someone's mad, you only say Keith when your mad." I shook my head and chuckled.

"You think this shit is funny? You know what the next time you need somebody to bail yo' ass out, don't call me. Call one of your other hoes that's fine with you running the streets."

She started to head for the door. Again, a simple mistake was made and now I have to try and fix it. I sighed to myself and stood up from the bed, following behind her. I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her close to me.

"Zonnique. I'm sorry, none of this is funny and I know it's a serious matter. But, I have to provide for my family right now being that my mother is sick. If she hadn't gotten sick then you know, I would've stayed in school and became something of myself." I sighed. "Sadly, things didn't turn out that way and I have to do what I got to do."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt out there. I don't want to see them putting my boyfriend in the dirt at only twenty one."

"You won't. I promise you that you won't. I'll be here with you too much for them to even try to find me."

flashback over.

july 1, 2017.

The whole drama with Bahja and Jacob was making me have my own thoughts. It's crazy how he had to come here and find out that she was seeing someone else. That made me start thinking if my lady was seeing somebody else. I wasn't on no stalker type stuff and I wasn't about to have a search party trying to find her. But, I did find out that she worked at Victoria Secret here in Beverly Hills. I'm not sure if she was working today but, I knew it wouldn't hurt to check.