Horizons - Chapter 10 - Reaction.

Horizons. 

Chapter 10. 

Harry p.o.v

I'm standing back stage with Flora, she's up next for interveiws, the District 11 boy is on now, I eye up each of them carefully, he's called Marmaduke, strong ,dark skinned, just as the 11's always are, but usually trustworthy, Gould was last year, I take note of things I want to tell Flora about each person as there's no doubt we'll talk about it later.

Her hand is clammy in mine and I hold it tightly to stop it from shaking, I look at her and she's white as a sheet but she still looks beautiful, her dress is just plain red, long and skin-tight, and although it doesn't look it, stretchy, it accomodates her bump perfectly , but obviously it still shows it due to the nature of the fabric, but that's what Willow wants, and apparently she's already getting sponsors. And she scored another 11 in the training centre, she said she just fired arrows everywhere hitting where she aimed every time, but she must have done something pretty special. 

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask her slightly concerned.

"Yeah.. just nervous y'know" She says taking deep breaths. 

"You don't have to do it.." I say wrapping my arm around her shoulders. 

"Don't be silly, I'm no easy target right ? I scored joint top with that weird girl from 7.. I'm staying top okay ?" She whispers, that girl was weird though she's small but easily 16 or 17 which is her actual age, peircing white/blue eyes and a sheer blonde bob, her names Striker, and there's something weird about her although all I've noticed is her being quiet and stary. 

There's something deep down though that makes me think, despite Flora's fighting spirit now, in the arena it won't be that easy, especially for her, she doesn't have it in her heart to kill anyone, she never really did last year and this year with all her hormones and feeling all protective she wouldn't. I suppose that's okay, I know Jet will help her, but then, then she has to kill him ? one of her friend's. And I don't even know what he's about yet, if he'd betray her, I wouldn't put it beyond him, the games turns the kindest of hearts sick and twisted. 

I watch Ceaser begin to finish up and I pull Flora into a hug, burying my face in her hair. 

"You're up ,do me proud okay ?" I whisper kissing her forehead as Marmuduke comes off and Flora is ushered through, she shoots me a smile quickly before she dissapears and a moment later she appears on the screen, a huge cheer erupts bigger than any of the others I'm sure, but I don't know whether it's because they generally beleive she can win, or just love their fammiliar faces. She looks good though, and she doesn't seem pale she looks like she's glowing. 

I know the boys and the girls are in the crowd cheering her on, and we're gonna see them later, I wonder of Flora will be abale to spot them because they dress so differently from the Capitol crowd. 

"Wow Flora! it doesn't seem like it's been a day since you were last here!" He exclaims standing up taking her hand an kissing it as if she's royalty, and sitting her down, she's obviously a favourite of his too.

"And isn't she positively glowing everyone!" He says, they all cheer again whooping her name. 

"Of course, we were all getting geared up for our first victors wedding! and then here you come with our victors baby! well congratulations, to both of you!" He says as the crowd make no effort to supress their cheering. 

"So, we're glad you and Harry are both taking active roles in the games this year, but yours isn't as we supposed, tell me Flora.. what were your exact feelings when your name got picked, sheer impossibilty you must have thought?" He says doing that leaning in thing he always does when he's waiting for the scoop, the audience is finally silent.

Flora bites her lip and rests a hand on her bump she has the whole of The Capitol and probably the whole of Panem in suspense, I'm also eager to find out if her feelings were the same as mine. 

"I don't know, I can't even remember that moment, it was a blur, but I suppose it just prooves, anything can happen, and I was upset but in the moment I didn't know how to channel all my emotions into one .." She says, well all I remember was seeing red and having to tell everyone. 

"Well that was when you, or rather.. Harry dropped the bomb, and yes I suppose Hormones are running high right ?" He laughs ,raising his eyebrows at the audience, right into the camera, making them laugh. 

"Yep, everything's crazy, before I go to sleep at night I usually think about things, but at the moment I drop straight off ready for a busy morning schedule.." She smiles radiantly, I know she's trying to abide by the capitol trying not to anger them in her answers and she's doing well. 

"So , I know we're wondering off subject a bit... but how far along are you ?" He says. 

"Just over 4 months..." She grins. 

"Aw isn't that sweet, well I suppose the games could have come at a worse time, I mean labour in the arena wouldn't be good surely!?" He says, Flora nods and smiles but she goes slightly pale again, becuase we all secretly know something could go really wrong with the baby, no matter how light hearted a joke about it may be. 

"Well you still impressed in training! joint first! did you bring anymore unexpected skills to the table hey ?" He grins. 

"That Ceaser, would be telling.... I guess you'll have to wait and see" She grins tactfully, she knowrs how to train the crowd. 

"Oh I see how we're playing it! well.. we're nearly out of time.. but, one last question, what is driving you to win the games this year..?" He says, the crowd is silent again, I see Flora mulling over this question carefully.

"I need to win for my baby, because it's not just my life, it's his or hers too,  it hasn't even had a chance to live yet, and because I want to have the life I've fought so hard for, with the person I love" She says, but everyone's silent, as if in respect and her eyes are glinting prettily with tears, even Ceaser takes a second  to recover. 

"Well.. really Flora, best of luck, honestly, our thoughts are with you.... " He says clasping her hand and letting go. 

".... Next up! Jet Mirror! district 12..." He says, but even he seems barely recovered from the emotional moment, Flora hugs jet quickly at the top of the stairs and then starts descending them

She pulls me into a hug as soon as I reach her. 

"Did I do okay ?" She says looking up at me. 

"Perfect, you got the biggest cheers of the night!" I say resting my hand on her lower back.

"Really?" She asks. 

"Yes of course, would I lie to you ?" I grin. 

"I don't know, would you ?" She says. 

"No... no in fact, I wouldn't" I say nudging her playfully as we walk into the lift.