Horizons - Chapter 7 - Uproar.

Horizons.

Chapter 7.

Flora p.o.v

There is a collectiove gasp. I can't even have been imagining it, everyone's gawping and all eyes are on my stomach, I suppose it would now seem so obvious to onlookers who know, I place my hand across it nervously, as if that is going to make alot of difference. 

I don't even know if I'm angry with Harry for doing this, but he seems in shock too, that I got picked, it's like an impossibilty that it should happen twice. 

Suddenly there's a cry of protest from someone in the crowd but before anything else can happen more outraged voices add to it, Gregory regains his composure snatching the microphone from Harry, I sneak a look at Jet who is standing there in bewilderment, but he shoots me a kind smile anyway, poor guy what a year he chose to get picked, what with all my drama, and he knows as well as I do Harry will be useless if he's stressing over me. And he seems really lovely too. 

Everybody's roaring and pushing as the peacekeepers hold them back but the keepers fire gun shots, and they don't want a fight, no not today I don't mean that much to them. 

"Now then everybody, we're all very happy for Flora and Harry and wish her the best of luck in the games, unfortunately the rules can't exclude her, so here's this years tributes! Good Luck! Jet and Flora!" He exclaims, as we're hussled off.

He follows us and there's a kerfuffle as the cutains close.

"Flora!" Harry shouts but Gregory's in his way. 

"Sorry, you'll be travelling to the station in the mentor's car, plenty of time to see each other later" He says ushering me away as I look back at Harry, the others will see him before I do, they're all travelling to the Capitol with us, friend's and family members have been requested again. I wonder how they can be used against the tributes this year.

I try and hold all my emotions in as I get pushed into the car, last year I went through this and it was hard enough, but to go through it again, with everything that's happening, and this time, it's not just my life. It's my baby's and although I don't know it yet, I love it more than you could beleive, so much more, I already feel like it's my resposibility to protect it watever comes our way and now, I can't it's impossible. 

I clamp my teeth down hard onto my lip, I don't want to cry, but I've heard the opposition won't be waiting for us anyway. I'm having a hard time of it though extra emotions aren't good at the best of times. 

"I'm sorry about what's happening to you.." Whispers the coal haired boy next to me, I've pretty much ignored him, he doesn't seem like another Ade though.

"Oh.. thankyou, I'm sorry about you too, it's hard the first time round, you get used to it about 5th or 6th" I laugh, he looks perplexed for a second but then grins. 

"I've seen you around school you know...but I never got to talk to you, and ever since you got back you've been surrounded by people, so I couldn't then either" He says. 

"Well you can now." I smile wiping away a tear that escaped.

"Yeah, I'd have never of guessed you were pregnant.." He says. 

"I don't think anyone did, I guess they just put it down to enjoying a better diet" I laugh putting a hand gently over my torso again, we arrive at the train station, and as we climb out photographers flock, de' ja vu of last year. 

"Flora! show us your bump!" One shouts, wow news travels fast. I sigh and step onto the train behind Gregory ,no tributes await me, I let out a sigh of releif. I look around desperately for Harry. 

"He'll be here soon, bloody hell , you'll have to get used to it won't you" Grunts gregory pouring himself a drink as I stand awkwardly on the spot. Beth's mum arrives.

"Where's Harry ?" I ask. 

"He's in your room, but he's pretty upset, you sure you don't want to leave him for a bit..?" She says.

"NO! .. I mean,no I need to see him" I say confused, wondering why he doesn't want to see me as much as I want to him. 

"I'll show you where he is..." She says, she leads me down a couple of corridors, I pass the bathroom I was sick in that first evening. 

"Here, just go easy okay, he's pretty devastated, he didn't say a word to me in the car.." She says, I nod even though I'm the one that feels like crying, but if I go in there like that it's not gonna help. 

I open the door and he's cross legged on the bed, he has a glass of what looks like Whisky and he's staring into it. 

"Harry?" I whisper, he looks up, his eyes are red he's obviously been crying. But he doesn't reply just looks back down at his drink. 

"Haz...?" I whisper crawling onto the bed and sitting cross legged opposite him. I lean over so my forehead is pressed gently against his. 

"Please try not to think about it?" I whisper, still no awnser despite how much I want to cry too I continue. 

"It'll be fine, maybe, I could win again, I have you to help me? And soon we'll be back in our little house with our new baby, and everything will be fine, and we can watch our kids grow-up, and watch them have kids, and then we'll die old and happy right ?" I say putting my hand on his cheek  and Kissing his cheeks, it's like he's asleep. He still says nothing. 

"Harry please!" I say sinking back. No response.

"Please.." I whimper letting the tears fall from my eyes, I feel them splash my face as my hair covers my eyes, I'm fed up of it, and angry, he's not the one who has to deal with this, he's not going back into the arena, pregnant, I should be allowed to cry, have someone tell me it'll be okay. 

"Flora.. I'm sorry" I hear him, he doesn't sound too drunk, just husky. 

"Why did you just ignore me ?" I ask as he moves the hair out of my eyes, his breath is warm on my face and it's not drink riddled, just kinda sweet, it would be nice if I could have some brandy to calm me down, but no I don't even get that.

"You know this is all snows plan right ? He wants us both dead, but he knows sending you into the arena will break me, and it's working already.. isn't it, but we can't let it happen!" He says desperately, his grip on me firmer than I feel comfortable with. 

"Harry, get off" I say as he stares at me gripping me tightly, his turquoise eyes seem almost cold. 

"No Flora, you won't survive,we need to run away" He says shaking me. 

"That hurts!" I say pushing against him, maybe he's slightly more drunk than I thought.

"Flora please!" He says

"Harry, you're being deluded okay, stop it" I give him the biggest shove I can and he finally moves off, I get up with dignity even though I'm an achey mess. 

"Sober up, I'll see you at dinner" I say, he doesn't say a word, I slam the door angrily as I walk out.