Horizons - Chapter 8 - Capitol.

Horizons. 

Chapter 8. 

Harry p.o.v

My head is heavy as I sit up, I haven't left the room since last yesterday afternoon, the brandy bottle is empty and on the floor, I stand up I managed to strip down to my underwear before I crashed out though, suddenly I realise who's missing. 

"Shit Harry!" I curse myself as I jump up, I run into the bathroom to clean my teeth, she's not going to want to talk to me anyway, last thing I remember was yesterday and I hurt her and upset her because I was drunk, when she had no-one to comfort her.

I look at the clock, it's 6 in the morning but I can't leave it any longer. 

I creep out into the cold corridor. 

"Flora ?" I call as I walk along. 

"Flora ?" I call a little louder. 

I decide to just go for it and open the door next to mine. 

"Flora ?" I repeat again feeling sick and wanting to lie down again. 

"Harry ?... oh it is you.." She says, I step into the room shutting the door silently behind me. Releif washes over me, this situation could have been worse.

"Yeah... it's me" I whisper, she's lying back down again now. 

"Mnghh, what time is it ?" She mumbles. 

"Hm six" I say hovering awkwardly by the edge of her bed. 

"Ugh why are you up this early" She says turning over. I bet she's tucked her legs up the way she always does and is using the duvet as something to cuddle.

"I came to say sorry to you..." I say. 

"Well just do it and go to sleep ?" She mumbles, I grin in the dark. 

"I'm sorry baby" I say getting in next to her and wrapping my arms around her. 

"Cool, now go to sleep" She says turning over and using me as something to cuddle instead, that feels alot better.

"I don't deserve you" I whisper but she's already snoring softly.

A couple of hours later I wake to Gregory banging on the door. 

"Wake up, breakfast is ready" He shouts grumpily before I hear his footsteps fade, Flora hasn't been disturbed by this anyway, I nudge her softly. 

"Mm what ?" She mumbles.

"Breakfast.." I say. She seems to wake up instantly, I wonder how she'll ever survive in the arena without much of it. 

I sit up stretching, and my eyes drawn to something, a dark blue jumper, it's not Flora's.

"Whose is that ?" I ask suspiciously pointing to it. 

"Jets" She says yawning. 

"Why is it in here ?" I say starting to feel kind of angry. 

"Because he came to talk to me?" She says indignantly. 

"Why was he here !?" I ask sounding more angry than I meant to. 

"Because I was upset! and he was being nice to me while you were busy getting off your face!" She shouts back.

"So why did he take his jumper off !?" I retaliate.

"Because it was hot-" She stops in realisation as to what I just accused her of, my mouth dries up, she looks at me, more hurt than anything.

"Do you really think I would do that ? after everything we've been through !? how we fought to be here?" She says crying now.

"No..No, I didn't mean it, I'm so sorry" I say, but she's already pulled trousers and a cardigan on, I curse myself and sit on the bed, after how much I upset her yesterday, and I've done it again ? 

I wonder if the Harry I knew last year would have done this, surely not, but I haven't done it purposely the last twenty four hours have been a blur of blackouts and emotions.

I pull on some clothes quickly, I'll have to get changed before we reach the capitol anyway. I rush in to where everyone's eating breakfast, Louis,Niall,Liam and Zayn are there, with Jet and Beth's mum, and Gregory, but the girls and Flora are nowhere to be seen.

I sit down and Louis looks at me, he looks kind of dissapointed truth be told. 

"What'd you say to her ?" He whispers, even though everyone knows anyway,and Gregory is too interested in food to listen.

"I don't even want to say... but I was so horrible Lou, and now she hates me" I say. Jets looking at me, I smile at him, after all it wasn't his fault. If it wasnt for him Flora would have had no-one to talk to last night

."She doesn't hate you she loves you more than anything, that's why she's so upset" Says Louis.

"I'm sorry if I made anything worse..." Jet says looking at me, innocent dark eyes making me feel guilty as heck.

"It's fine, it's my fault...where'd they go ?" I ask. 

"Into the lounge carriage.." Louis points left, Each of the boys give me a good luck nod and I head off to the left, it's not long before I see them, they're flocked round Flora, Sophie has her arm around her, and Hanna's on the other side, Beth and Sabrina at her feet, Hanna gives me the evils as I walk in.

"Can I talk to her..?" I ask them collectively, they give me shifty glances. 

"Why should you ?" says Sabrina, I'm about to give them 100 reasons why I want to but not why I need to. 

"I am here guys.." Says Flora looking at me. 

"Flora, you don't have to talk to him yet.." Says Hanna. 

"But I want to, just go for a bit girls, we'll be fine.." She says, I don't even understand why she wants to talk to me so I keep silent as the girls filter out. 

"I don't really know what to say" She says looking down. 

"I didn't mean to accuse you of that..." I say. 

"I know you didn't..." She says, there's silence for a bit as I take the seat on the sofa next to her. 

"Please just for my sake next time remember, it's just as hard for me, except I can't drink brandy to make it go away, I have to stay sober, and worry for my life ,because the thing I already love just as much as you is inside me, and I have no way of keeping it safe, and I have to go through every second of it.." She says. Suddenly I feel so guilty, I'd never taken this into account before.

"I'm sorry" is all I say. 

"Apology accepted" She whispers, I wrap my arms around her as she buries her head in my chest, there's silence for a few minutes except from the distant woosh of the streamlined train. Suddenly something comes over the tannoy.

"We will be arriving at the Capitol Central Station in approximately 5 minutes" says the voice. 

We both turn and watch the huge towering silver city, then we see the first Capitol News Bilboards, huge moving newspapers on masive screens displaying the news, and today of course it's Reaping highlights and who do we see but ourselves, and it's a scandal, but I bet snow is loving the attention.