Horizons - Chapter 5 - Fitting.

Horizons.

Chapter 5. 

Flora p.o.v

The reaping is 3 days away, it's terrifying, I can't ever get it off my mind, I know if I go in, no matter how much help I receive from Harry, I won't be coming back out, me or my baby. 

I settle down in the warm soap suds of my hot bath letting the heat soak through my tired mucsles and saw back, I close my eyes, I could probably drift off within a minuete, Willow's bringing a load of wedding dresses for fittings later, and the prep team are coming to 'sort me out' for the Reaping. 

I know the girls and probably Harry will be here, but I'm scared, they have absolutely no idea about the little suprise yet, It's going to be damn hard for her to fit a wedding dress for someone who's will grow every month anyway. 

Suddenly there's a knock at the bathroom door, and I sigh opening my eyes. 

"What ?" I say in exasperation, I was planning to stay here for a good hour or so. 

"Willow's just got here, she wants to see you" Comes Harry's voice, it's so nice and comforting it's hard to be all huffy back at him. 

"Ugh, can she not wait a bit ?" I say stalling as I sit up, I could count on both my hands how many hot baths I potentially have left in my life. 

"No she's pretty impatient" He says. 

"But I feel like shit" I protest, getting up and grabbing one of the fluffy towels as I pull my hair into a topknot wrapping the towel around me. 

"Remember, that's not an excuse yet, they don't know do they" He says watching me closely as he leans on the door frame. 

 "They soon will do" I roll my eyes and push past him, he grabs my wrist. 

"Well.. easy does it okay, she seems a bit temperamental" He says. 

"Well, she's a fashion designer, what can you do?" I smile as I head down the hallway and pad down the stairs, might aswell just stay in my towel, she's going to dress me up anyway. 

Our living room is filled with rails as I walk in, Willow is there in a smart black dress, hair as dark as ever, she's talking to the prep team. The girls are on the sofa's, Sophie grins at me as I come through, I go to see them but I'm pulled over by prep. 

"I hope you've been looking after yourself" says one of them. 

"Well she's not the bedraggled skinny thing she was last year!" says another cackling, I laugh to myself, they have no idea. 

"She's done well... but we heard your news, such a shame, the things that happen in the games these days" Says the one with the pink hair, just then Willow turns around.

"Ahh Flora, you're here, put these on and we can get started, alot to get through" Shit, moment of truth. I think as she hands me a cream pair of knickers and a strapless bra. 

"You want me to put this on...?" I say. 

"Yes, is there a problem ? they'll fit well under the dresses" She says. 

"Oh emm no, it's fine" I say gulping and accepting the garments, and rushing upstairs, Harry's in the bedroom as I walk in. 

"You are allowed downstairs you know silly, it's only me and a load of dresses" I laugh. 

"Willow scares me, and besides, that doesn't look like a dress" He says raising an eyebrow. 

"She wants me to wear them, but the moment I go in, she's obviously going to know" I say pulling on the knickers under my now damp towel.

"I don't even think this will fit, I'm a different size from what I was" I complain.

"It'll be fine" he says helping me to do the bra up at the back, I adjust it slightly. Looking in the mirror at my little bump, I smooth my hand over it gently, trying to suck it in with no sucess. 

"Looks good" he says grinning. 

"Looks obvious" I snap. 

"Well what did you expect ?" He retorts. 

"Ugh I don't know" I say. 

"I'll come down with you if it's stressing you out that much ?" He says.

"Oh god yes please" I say grabbing my dressing gown from the bed and sliding it over my shoulders.

"As long as Willow isn't going to rip my head off" He grins. 

"Don't worry, I'll protect you" I smile pulling him down the stairs. As we arrive back into the living room willow has already pulled out the first dress, slender and creamy with white lace, it's quite something, but they probably all will be. 

"Oh hello Harry ?" She questions. 

"Emm hey" He nods, letting go of my hand and going to sit next to the girls. 

"Okay take this off and we'll get the first one on, size 10 will still be okay won't it ?" she eyes me thoughtfully. I shoot a terrified look at Harry and he smiles reassuringly.

I slide it off revealing my little bump, newly widened hips and fuller figure, she pauses and looks up at me, so sternly it's almost terrifying, there's a gasp from the prep team, such an over reaction. 

"Flora... unless I am completely losing my mind, you're pregnant am I correct ?" She says looking at me. 

"Yes..." I practically squeak, she's scaring me to death right now as she stares at my stomach, I put a hand over it self conciously.

"How far ?" she says still staring. 

"4 months..." I say quietly. She looks at Harry, he's probably shitting himself, he's scared of her anyway.

"Who knows ?" She asks. 

"Just close friend's and family... and obviously you.. and them" I say looking over at the prep team. 

"Well you have no idea how difficult you're making this for me, you're meant to be getting married after games, wedding of the century, but you'll be six months pregnant ? and I have to make you a dress...." She says, I nod. 

"If I survive...." I say, that silences her. 

"Of course they won't send you back into the arena ?" She says. 

"Well I take it you haven't been sent a copy of the rule change" Mutters Harry. 

"Don't get sarky with me Harry, I'm blaming this on you anyway" She says, he smiles at her but his smile drops as she turns back to me and I try not to laugh at the expression Harry is pulling. 

"Anyway, what other rule change ?" She says looking at me. 

"No medical condition excludes you from the reaping, blah,blah" I sigh pulling my dressing gown back around me. Willow pulls me into the kitchen shutting the door.

"Flora.. you do realise once snow finds out, he'll love it, he'll love the media attention, he'll pretend to like you, chew you up, spit you out, take you're child, he'll do anything to show the Capitol are still on top, and you know what ? I wouldn't be suprised if you go into that arena"  She has a sudden outburst and I'm trying to take it all in, it wasn't like I needed anyone to tell me. 

"I know" I say. 

"I'll do whatever I can to help you, I promise" She says squeezing my shoulder, I try hard not to cry, I must have seemed so naive' , like I would have ever been allowed to be happy. 

"So, we have wedding dresses to try on?" She smiles ,ushering me back into the living room, everyone's giving me funny looks Harry most of all, I shrug as Willow threatens the prep team knowing they're at the top of the capitol gossip always. 

"One word of this until it comes out publicly and you'll loose more than your jobs got it?" she says to them.  I stifle a laugh she turns to me. 

"Shall we begin?" I nod baffled with her change of mood.