Chapter 34

"Stay for another hour," he pleaded, rubbing the back of my hands. I had to refrain from looking at him, because I knew that one look into those stupidly alluring hazel eyes and I'd be done for... Pulling myself away from him, I stood up and couldn't help but admire his exposed-figure draped across the bed.

"I need to go! Besides, you do too. Your band practice starts in half an hour." I felt like I was convincing myself this more than him.

Ashton followed me out of the bedroom as I gathered my things that had been scattered around the house. He pulled on the nearest shirt and jeans he could find and slipped them on with ease. My heels from the night before remained on the living room floor next to the fireplace. I could still feel his touch on my arms and my neck...

"Why don't you just come to practice? You can sit on my lap while I play the drums," he giggled, creeping up and pressing his lips to my neck, "They're not the only thing I'd like to bang right now." I thought back to one of my first interactions with Kate when Ashton got mad at her for trying to do exactly that. It made me happy.

"You need some undistracted time with your band mates. They're gonna start hating you! You won't focus if I'm there," I said, rubbing the new scruff along his jawline. Ashton placed his hand over mine, then pulled it to his lips.

"Please?" He begged, his lower lips pushed out. He kissed my fingertips before starting to leave a trail of kisses up my arm until he got to my neck and he pulled me close by my hips. A shocking sensation sped up my spine as his hands came into contact with the skin on my sides.

"No," I answered, laughing as I headed toward the door, "Take me back now?"

He slumped his shoulders, rolled his eyes, and exaggeratedly walked to me and grabbed the keys from a table.

"You're a big baby..." I put my hand on his lower back and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked toward the car. It was chilly outside, but nicer than usual. Part of me wanted to go to the park and run around. Part of me wanted to just drag Ashton back upstairs... My mother would be horrified if she knew what I'd been up to, but it really wasn't any of her business.

When we got back to my dad's house, Ashton came to a stop and I reached for my bag in the backseat.

"Are you sure you don't want to come to practice?" It was more begging than questioning, but honestly, I liked it.

"I'm sure, babe. I'll talk to you later. I should probably call my mom or something. She should be waking up soon." I stepped out of the car and waved to him as he drove off.

This boy was making me fall in love with him...and he didn't even believe in love.

***

Ashton's POV:

"Ashton! Get your little white ass in here already!"

Calum met me at the door, still undressed as he'd been this morning, and shoved me inside when I got to Luke's house. I continuously glanced at my phone and waited to get a text from Lauren... There wasn't a reason she would need to text me or call me or anything really. It's just that it had only been five minutes and I alreadt missed her like crazy...

I could hear Michael and Luke from down the hallway. The door was wide open and inside, my two mates sat on the floor in front of the TV with some video games out.

"Hey, Ashton, do you have a phone charger with you? My phone has been dead all day."

"Nah. Sorry."

I went over and fell face-first onto the couch. The three of them turned back to look at me. Calum has a devilish smirk on his face, and Luke had paused the game he and Michael had been playing.