Chapter 25

"Lauren, you've been playing The Sims 3 for three days. Don't you want to shower? Go out? Re-enter society? We could go to a club or something... Do you need an intervention?"

Sheila sat down next to me and watched me build the house for my family. We have more money now since my husband is a rockstar.

"My mom character just had a baby, so she's really busy right now. I can't leave her in this vulnerable state. She needs me, Sheila."

"Does this have anything to do with Ashton and Kate?" She sighed. I didn't reply to her, though that's exactly what all of this was.

"No," I said anyways.

"Really? It's funny because your dad character's name is Ashton, and he's a musician that looks a lot like Ashton-"

"Coincidence, maybe?" I shugged my shoulders, hoping to the change the subject soon.

"Are you listening to yourself?" She closed my computer. 

"Hey!" I would've opened it up, but there really was no point. She was right. I was a wreck. It was like Miley Cyrus had swung through the room and knocked the life out of me. I needed to get out...and shower. The shower should probably happen first...

"You need to either make up with him or move on from him. This inbetween thing sucks for everyone."

I pushed the computer away and hugged my knees to my chest.

"You're right, okay? I need to just move on already. As much as I hate to say it, Michael was right. Ashton was playing me."

He'd probably been having sex with Kate the entire time anyways. I didn't want to think about them right now. Sheila didn't seem annoyed, which was nice. I just needed the emotional support right now, and I sure as hell wasn't going to get that from my dad or Michael. My mom was too far away to know what was going on.

"Let's go out tonight- like you said. It should be fun." Not as fun as watching my sims graduate from high school and start their careers, but I'd have to settle.

"Good for you! Shower up and then we can go get ready at my house. You need to just spend sometime on yourself."

I nodded and stood up. Heading to the bathroom, I turned around.

"You can just chill here, I guess... I'll be out soon."

"Take your time," she laughed as she got comfortable on my bed.

In the shower, I washed away the bad thoughts of Ashton and felt revived again. Tonight, I was going to let loose and have some fun. In all the time I'd been here, I hadn't really gone out and done anything like this. I hadn't been to a club in America either, even though I'd still drinken. Who knew? Maybe I'd meet a new guy and we'd make out in the bathroom. That's what I heard happened with most people, and by heard, I meant movies...

Coming out of the bathroom, Sheila was no longer in my room. She'd probably just run home to get something and would be back soon. I grabbed some sweats and a sweater to put on for now. We wouldn't be leaving for the club for a few hours and I didn't want to get dressed now.

Walking into the hallway, I heard arguing coming from Michael's room. I guess Sheila hadn't left yet, but what was she doing in there?

I pushed on the door to find the two of them on Michael's bed looking at his laptop. They argued back and forth over something on the screen and seemed very frustrated.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Sheila looked up at me. Michael laughed satisfyingly, which just made her turn back and push him before attempting to take the computer.