Chapter 31

"Just stand by me the entire time, okay?"

Standing behind me, Ashton threw his arms around my torso and laughed into my hair. It was cold outside, but not as cold as it had been. His full lips pressed against my cheek. I snuggled into his chest and looked up at him. His brown curls just fell into hazel eyes and I wanted to reach up and hold onto him. Never let him go.

"What if I want to move out and explore on my own? What if you don't want to dance with me?" I moved my hips against him, teasing him like there was no tomorrow. Finally, he turned me back around to face him and rubbed my jawline with his long fingers.

"You're ridiculous," he mumbled, but his voice was thick and mesmorizing.

We stood in line at the new club that had recently opened. People around us puffed on cigarettes and laughed at their own conversations. Bright lights flashed everywhere. We'd gotten here just before the big rush of people, but we still had to wait quite a while in line. Sheila and Jessica huddled with Luke and Michael. I was pretty shocked that Jessica had come actually. Apparently they recognised a few other people trying to get in from school and were trying to avoid them.

"We've been standing here for an hour! My feet hurt..." I whined on Ashton's shoulder in the most annoying way possible. He shrugged his shoulders and pulled his jacket tighter around himself.

"I could carry you. We should get inside soon. There's only a few people in front of us now."

There was maybe six people ahead of us. We turned back to everyone else.

"What are you guys planning on doing after the club?" I asked in attempt to strike up a conversation with the gang.

They said they weren't actaully coming with us, but I had no idea what their plans really were. Luke looked at the others with a cheeky grin and kicked at the dirt on the sidewalk by his feet.

"We actually got a hotel room a block or so away."

I really wanted to laugh. Did he think that was scandelous? I mean, then again, it was Luke and Jessica. Michael, Calum, and Shiela? That was nothing. 

"Sounds fun!" I left my hand on Ashton's chest and leaned into his neck.

"What about you two? Ashton hasn't told us anything about your plans for tonight!" Calum crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows. Ashton shook his head.

"It's a surprise. I'm not giving it away." He motioned his hand over his mouth and closed it like a zipper. I was really anxious to find out what it was now. I'd much rather get to that than spend a long time at this club. My stomach started to churn. What if he did want to have sex, and I wasnt ready? I wasn't the thinnest girl and I wasn't sure if I was even comfortable undressing with him. We'd stripped in front of each other a bit before, but could I really go all the way?

The line started moving up and Ashton pulled me along with him. They checked all of our IDs before we headed inside. This club was much nicer and classier. Rock music played instead of mainstreamed remix pop junk. It wasn't super smokey and the lights were dim enough to give effect, but I could still see where I was going. Ashton twirled me under the flashing lights and pulled me close to his chest.

"You are the prettiest girl in this room, you know that?" His lips pressed to mine. My head was in a daze and I hadn't even gotten a drink yet. 

Everyone else had already scattered throughout the place. We didn't really expect to stay with them, but that had beaten the record for fastest club-ditch.

"Let's go find the bar and get this party started, hmm?" Ashton laced his fingers with mine and pulled me along. We sat at two stools and he placed his hand on mine. I just looked at them- our hands, and how lovely this night was.