Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

*Kelsey*

"I love you, Demi."

My voice is a whisper, but there is no uncertainty in my voice, because I am not uncertain. I just hope she isn't uncertain either. I look down at my hands. My thoughts are muddled with the possibility that I was wrong. Maybe Demi is just a naturally nice person, and the love I thought I saw in her actions was really just the love she has for being kind. She's quiet for a moment, and as the silence drags on, one thought repeats itself over and over again inside my head.

Say it back.

I just want you to say it back.

Please say it back.

Please...

Please love me back.

I look up at her again. Demi's face lights up with burning desire before she quickly covers it up. I can tell by the guarded look on her face that the last person to tell her 'those three words' had broken her heart. I can tell that she's terrified it will happen again. I can tell that she doesn't know if she should believe me. She closes her eyes, squeezing them so tight it is as if she's trying to block everything out.

"Do you mean it?" she whispers, shaky voice and closed eyes. "God, Kelsey, you've gotta mean it if you say that to me."

I sit up and press my forehead to hers, studying her face up close. I notice she has more freckles on one side of her face than the other, and her eyes are smaller without makeup. I notice that her eyelashes are naturally long, and they're brown, not black like I originally expected. I trace the contours of her cheeks lightly, and a small smile appears on her face, the corners of her mouth just barely turning up. Her eyes are still closed, but not as tightly anymore.

"I love you," I whisper, placing my hand lightly against her cheek. "I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you, Demetria Devonne Lovato. God, I love you."

Demi's cheeks are wet with tears. She opens her eyes and stares into mine. "I love you, too," she whispers, and my heart soars. "I love you so much more than you will ever know."

I lean in the same time Demi does, and our lips meet in the middle. It's a slow gentle kiss, full of love and longing. Kissing Demi is the best feeling in the world. I can forget about my mom, I can forget about X Factor, I can forget about everything, and just relax. I feel like it has been decades since I've relaxed.

Demi runs her tongue along my lower lip and I open my mouth to let her in. Immediately both of us sigh into the kiss, and her tongue dances with mine as she takes complete control. My hand finds the collar of her t-shirt and I pull her closer, wanting as much of her as possible. The kiss becomes even more aggressive and suddenly Demi is on top of me as we make out on the couch. I don't remember allowing Demi to be on top-to be honest I don't really remember moving-but I let her stay. Her warmth seeps into my skin and she sets me on fire with her touch.

And I feel her touch everywhere. Her hands slip under my shirt, exploring my skin and leaving me breathless. She fits her thigh between my legs, pressing it down just enough to drive me insane, and I moan with pleasure into the kiss. I feel heat spread through my body, only to pool in my stomach.

Demi runs her tongue lightly along my jawline and I'm unable to stop the loud groan that escapes my lips as she teases me.

I feel her hot breath against my ear, nearly bringing me to the edge right there. "You're so fucking hot," she breathes into my ear.

I exhale heavily in response, if that counts as a response. Demi has me under her spell, and I sure as hell am not complaining. She drags her tongue over my ear, earning yet another moan from my throat. She bites my earlobe, pulling it back with her teeth and letting it go. She knows fully well that this absolutely drives me insane.