Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Kelsey turns around. Her eyes widen in recognition, and her jaw drops. I can't help but laugh at her expression, despite being so nervous.

"Y-you saw that?" she stutters, twisting the ends of her hair nervously. I nod.

"I'm Demi." I say, extending my hand.

"I know. I'm Kelsey." she says, taking my hand.

"I know." I say, winking at her. She looks at me confused.  "How did you remix that?" I ask curiously, faster than she can ask what I mean. I'll get to that later.

"I put a dubstep song called Turbulence in the background. It has the same beat as Fire Starter, so I put them together, and made an epic dance song!" Kelsey replies. I'm hardly paying attention, because I'm staring into her eyes.

"You've got to show me how to do that!" I say, seeing an opportunity. She smiles, obviously seeing what I'm getting at.

"Tonight?" she asks. I nod, grinning.

"Here," I say, pulling out my phone. "put your number in my phone, and I'll put mine in yours." She nods again, handing her phone to me. Adding my number under just Demi, I hand it back to her. She looks at the number, as if she can't believe it's really mine. She looks back up at me.

"Why only Demi?"

"What if someone sees you have my number? They'd flip." I say reasonably. She nods, handing me back my phone. I smile when I see her number and the name Kelsey Wright above it.

"I'll call you." she says , smiling like she just won the lottery.

"Its a date." I reply, smiling. That smile never leaves when I turn away and walk towards Marissa.

"Oh, and nice audition yesterday," I remark, glancing at Kelsey over my shoulder.

"You remember me?" she exclaims, shock written all over her face. My only response is a wink, before linking arms with Marissa and walking off in no particular direction. I can't stifle the smile spreading across my face. Once out of sight, Marissa draws us to a stop, stepping in front of me.

"Oh my God, that did not just happen!" she squeals excitedly, jumping up and down.

"I'm not quite sure if it did, actually." I say, slightly dazed. Marissa bumps my hip and we laugh.

"Oh it did." she says, grinning. "how did you even manage to keep that causal, knowing you?"

" I barely did," I admit. "I kept getting lost in her eyes." I say, the image of her flooding through my mind. My smile grows.

"Nice mention of her audition, too." Marissa adds, linking her arm with mine and walking on.

"I had to get it in there somehow!" I explain, giggling.

Then it hits me.

I have a date with Kelsey.

Tonight.

Even while making conversation with Marissa, that's all I can think about. Tonight is going to be interesting.