Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

*Kelsey's Point of View*

I glance around at the last of us on the stage, smiling as encouragingly as I can at each of them. It's elimination night; Ellona, Alex and Sierra and I are the only ones left on the stage. Seeing the look of despair in Demi's eyes makes my heart break. I know it's going to come down to Ellona and me, and I don't want her to choose between us, but I know that's what's it has come to.

"Alex and Sierra, you are safe," Mario says. Demi, in between Ellona and me, squeezes my hand, knowing that I will have to sing against Ellona.

"That means this week's bottom two is between Kelsey Wright and Ellona Santiago." Demi pulls us into a group hug, clearly about to cry.

"It's gonna be okay, guys. I know it. Don't worry," I whisper. Demi smiles slightly at my words before it falters. We pull away when Mario walks over to the three of us.

"The two remainders of Demi's Girls are in the bottom two. Demi, how are you feeling about this?" Mario asks. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at his ridiculous question.

"This is going to be impossible, I already know it. I couldn't be more proud of my girls, and I hate that one of them has to leave," Demi says, fighting back tears. Mario dismisses us to go prepare backstage, and Ellona and I walk together. I know they're still talking onstage, so this is my chance to talk to Ellona before Demi comes out. I grab her shoulders and turn her towards me.

"Ellona, listen to me. You'll do fine. This is NOT the last time you'll be on this stage," I tell her forcefully. Her head cocks to the side in confusion.

"But if I stay, then that means-" I cut her off.

"Shh. Now go get ready," I say, and give her another hug. Over her shoulder, I see Demi walking towards us.

"Kelsey. Ellona." She gives us another hug. My heart swells when I feel her arms around me, as it does every time, but today I ignore it. I have other things to think about.

"I'm so sorry this has to happen. If I could save both of you, I would," Demi says regretfully. I nod. Ellona goes to get ready, leaving me with Demi.

"Demi, you can't let that girl go,"I say, feeling tears burn behind my eyes.

"But I can't let you go," she whispers but I shake my head.

"You know everyone likes Ellona more than me. You know she's been the favorite since the beginning when it comes to this category. You said it yourself: she could win this. It's her time, Demi, not mine, and you know it," I tell her, taking her hands and squeezing them before rushing to get ready.

I take a deep breath, deciding on a song to sing. I smile as the perfect song comes to mind, one that will let me leave on a good note. Lightweight. This song reminds me of my sister; she loved this song so much. I hope she'll see this tonight.

My phone buzzes, and I see that Demi sent me a text.

Demi: Good luck Kel I know you'll be great x

I smile at the text and quickly reply.

Me: My song is for my sister, but it's also for you. Listen closely xo

One of the backstage crew members asks me what song I'm singing. I tell her, and she directs to where I'm going to be. She instructs me on everything I'm going to do, and I nod along with her. I glance over at Ellona and give her a reassuring smile. She's singing first. I can tell she's nervous as hell, but I know she will be fantastic. My heart is torn; I want to do well and impress my mother and father, to make them regret losing faith in me. But Ellona is young, will she be able to handle being kicked off? That's not a risk I want to take. I won't blow my performance, but I want Demi to send me home.