Chapter One

Chapter One

She walks on stage, and my eyes widen. She's beautiful. She walks out with a certain confidence, a confidence that's riveting. She's wearing black jeans and a tight-fitting Flyleaf T-shirt. Her hair is blonde and down to her back. Her hair from her shoulders down is dipped-dyed purple. She's stunning; my palms start to sweat, and I wipe them on my skirt.

"What's you name?" Simon Cowell, my British boss and co-worker asks the girl.

"My name is Kelsey Wright." she says. Kelsey...

Simon continues asking questions, and I discover that Kelsey is twenty-one and has been playing guitar since she was fourteen. Impressive. She says the song she will sing is All Around Me by Flyleaf. Good choice, she seems like the rocker type of singer. I smile and write 'Rock' in my notes.

The song begins, and Kelsey starts at the microphone stand. She closes her eyes, getting lost in the song. I write 'Focused' in my notes. As the chorus approaches, she takes the microphone out of the stand and puts her hand on the stand. What if that hand was on yours? My knees tremble under the table, and I ball my hands into tight fists. No. I can't think about her like that, not if she goes through. Although, so far, there's not a doubt in my mind that she'll get through. She's amazing. She looks me dead in the eyes during the bridge, and my palms start to sweat again. She's... hypnotizing. I can't look away from those eyes, and she doesn't take them away from mine, either.

The song ends, and she steps back, out of breath. I blink a few times, trying to collect myself. This girl is going to shatter me. I take a sip off my water, and try to figure what I can say that won't make it look like I'm interested.

"Demi, what do you think?" Simon asks me.

"Kelsey, that was amazing. You have so much focus and talent, its incredible. You have so much confidence and style. You blew me away." I say, hoping the last comment doesn't come off as interested. She really does blow me away. We come to a vote, and Kelsey gets four yes'. Not surprised. I take another sip of water, and attempt to put my thoughts together. I'm into her, she's moving on to the next round, I'm just a judge to her, she's amazing. So far, me getting her doesn't look likely. I smile as my own song floods into my head.

"What are you smiling about?" Simon asks. I look at him, and laugh. "Nothing, Simon. Nothing." I say. He looks at me suspiciously and I laugh again. "Ok, I was totally going to prank you, but now you ruined it." I lie, crossing my arms. He takes a sip of water and shakes his head.

I pull out my phone and open up a notes page. I type "Kelsey Wright: I won't rest until you're mine." I close the app quickly and try to focus on the next person to audition. All I can think of is a girl with long hair singing to me, and my song playing in my head.

"Until you're mine, I'll have to find a way to fill this hole inside.

I can't survive, without you here by my side.

Until you're mine, I cannot be even close to complete.

I won't rest Until You're Mine."