Chapter Five

5

Slowly Attached

"Yeah sure." I nodded, shyly.

Hanbin and I made our way out of the building and started walking back to the dorms. The short walk seemed like one of the longest walks I've ever experienced. The first couple of minutes were just plain awkward.

"Thanks, by the way." I said, breaking the silence.

He looked at me with a puzzled expression on his face, "For what exactly?"

"You know, for treating me earlier." 

He let out a shy chuckled, "Don't mention it!"

"You're the leader now, huh?" he brought up the topic I wasn't too fond about.

"Yeah, I guess." I forced a smile, looking to the ground.

"You don't seem to be pretty excited about it." I was surprised that Hanbin noticed the tone in my voice.

"What do you mean?" I tried avoiding more details.

"Nervous?"

"No, nothing like that." I lied, getting defensive. I remembered how Hanbin told me to fight off nervousness, and I didn't want him to think I wasn't following his advice and just being a wimp.

He stopped walking and faced towards me, "Uhm, I'm pretty sure it is." I also stopped my feet and looked at him as he began to stare at me. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable with the confrontation so I had decided to be honest, "Okay, you got me." I sighed, giving in.

"What's bothering you Ms. Song Ye Jin?" He asked, smirking cunningly.

"I'd rather not talk about it at the moment." I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

Hanbin's face became disappointed. I soon realized I was being a bit too unfair; I kept complaining how Hanbin and I weren't close friends when I've never really had a real conversation with him or opened up, for that matter. 

I looked back at him, "I guess it's because I don't think I deserve it." I mumbled, telling him the truth.

He looked at me and smiled, "I appreciate you opening up." 

"Yeah," I chuckled shyly, "I don't feel too great about replacing Miyoung in just a week of training. It just doesn't make sense to me. I feel so guilty."

"I understand what you must be feeling," he spoke softly, "It would've been better for you to accept if it was after a month or so, but we just have to trust YG's judgment."

"You think so?" I asked uneasily.

"YG chose you for a reason." he elaborated, "You shouldn't beat yourself up too much. Besides, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll be an amazing leader!" 

"I'm not too sure about that." I mumbled in disbelief.

"You better believe it." He smiled at me again, "You need to have some more confidence in yourself, you know?"