Chapter Six

6

Closer

I woke up earlier than I usually did; It was half past four in the mourning. I wasn't surprised, but I was a little frustrated. I realized I've never had a proper restful sleep ever since I started training due to the tasks assigned to me and my sleeping problem. I had to at least try to fall back asleep, even just for an hour, I thought. 

I covered myself completely with my soft duvet in hopes of falling asleep. I tossed and turned, trying to find the most comfortable position. I closed my eyes and tried to empty my mind, but no matter how hard I tried, it was somehow still wide awake. 

Suddenly, a strange familiar noise began to amplify from my right side. Bo Rin had started snoring at the wrong time yet again. It gradually became louder and louder by the minutes. There was no way this was going to work.

I quickly sat up, letting out a frustrated sigh. I had to accept that I would only have about four hours of sleep. I had felt my stomach grumble and I then remembered I didn't eat last night. I stood up and walked quietly to the kitchen, hoping to fill my stomach with food. 

I opened the fridge and searched for anything I could eat. All there was left were a half opened low-fat milk box, a bottle of water and an empty pack that used to have strawberries. I sighed frustratingly as my stomach grumbled again. At that moment, I already felt it was going to be a bad day for me. 

I stood still for a few seconds and thought about what I was going to do. I had two choices:  I was either going to wait for the girls to get up (which I knew was going to take two to three hours) or head to a convenient store (early at this hour). The decision wasn't difficult as my stomach had chosen to find food the fastest way.

I immediately put the hood of my hoodie on and wore the shoes that were the easiest to slip on. I exited the dorm and then jogged to the nearest convenient store which was near the YG training center. It was just a couple blocks away, probably just a 5-10 minute walk.  I just hoped that the store was open at this time. 

Luckily, it was. I hurried into the store and started scanning through the aisles. I figured I should at least just buy food for the girls since the kitchen was pretty much empty. I decided to pick up enough amount of food just until the girls and I do go grocery shopping sometime this month. 

I began to drop items into my basket. I grabbed a couple of cups of noodles, buns of bread, and two packs of milk. I decided to just have some noodles right after paying for the rest. As I walked to the counter, I noticed a familiar figure standing in front of me, paying at the cashier. 

He had turned to head out the door but had noticed me in his peripheral vision. He faced me surprised, "Oh! what are you doing here, this early in the morning?"

I honestly didn't expect to bump into Hanbin at the convenient store at this time, and it seemed like he also didn't expect it at all. 

"Buying food for the girls and well... breakfast." I replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh, I see." he mumbled, "Good morning, by the way!" 

"Yeah, good morning!" I giggled at how the awkward leader was trying to seem enthusiastic.